Service Intervals - Harbornite
Recently took delivery of my new Citroen Crosser 2.2 HDI. (2 yr lease) Initial impressions have are very positive.

I was under the impression that the first major service interval was 20,000-00 miles or 2 yrs. I checked several third party web sites & they told the same story.

When I turn on the ignition the display flashes up 19,500 miles until next service.

Whilst flicking through the rather poor handbook I found a hastily added single page. In fact so hastliy addeed it was loose in the document folder. It states that the first major service is 12,500 or 1 year. I rang Citroen UK customer services they have kindly left a message on my answerphone confirming that it is 12,500 or 1 year.

Have to say I'ma little annoyed as I had factored into the 2 year cost the fact that I wouldn't need to pay for a major service. Looks like I will now.
Service Intervals - Altea Ego
fact so hastliy addeed it was loose in the document folder. It states that the
first major service is 12 500 or 1 year.

which means that they have discovered that 20,000 miles between services is not good for the car.
the fact that I wouldn't need to pay for a major service. Looks like I
will now.

Its not major its an oil change.

Service Intervals - mike hannon
One (probably not too huge as AE says) service bill or two years before the first service and your peace of mind. You choose...
I fully understand the perils of not keeping to the service requirements.

Fingers crossed that it will be a fairly minor service & not too pricey.
Service Intervals - Bill Payer
Does the lease allow you to get it done at an independant? As long as they use Citroen parts etc then no issue. Ling's website advises everyone who leases cars through her to do that.
Service Intervals - Lygonos
Phone a few garages for the cost of this service - Citroen often seem to make up for their low sale prices by shafting on service costs - independent likely to be best bet.
Service Intervals - L'escargot
It's probably just that the service intervals were amended after the handbook was printed, and after the vehicle left the factory. As for being annoyed, you should be annoyed with yourself (not with Citroën) for not having checked before you leased the vehicle. Third party websites are not guaranteed to contain authorative information. Always get it straight from the horse's mouth.
The loose page in the document folder was almost certainly inserted after the vehicle/handbook left the factory. My guess is that your vehicle came from old (existing) stock, and was not made to your order.
Service Intervals - DP
On a more general note, I find it interesting that, having insisted these 20k+ intervals were fine, and were saving us all (the fleets, mainly) so much money, so many manufacturers seem to be going back to more sensible intervals. In the case of VAG, they're keeping it, but caveatting it so heavily that it's only going to apply to a tiny minority of "ideal use" drivers who never do short runs or drive their cars hard.

It's also interesting that the manufacturers with the best reliability/longevity reputation have never gone down this route, despite coming in for some surprisingly harsh criticism from certain magazine reviewers when summarising running costs in group tests.

If there is a professional mechanic or engineer who thinks 18-20,000+ mile service intervals are a good idea, I haven't spoken to them. I sympathise that the OP has an extra service to pay for, but I also think a 10-12k or annual service makes good sense, particularly on a diesel.
Service Intervals - Bill Payer
As it's leased, and if your use is normal, I'd be tempted to throw the extra page away and be guided by what the display on dash says.
On many cars, such as Audis, BMWs & Mercs, the service indicator is regard as gospel. If the interval has been changed then the car's software should have been updated to change the dashboard indicator.

Edited by Bill Payer on 24/03/2009 at 09:31

Service Intervals - xtrailman
My last xtrail came with different sevice intervals, i opted for the 1year or 12.k miles, which ever was sooner, known as the M service schedule.

But they was another schedule for the high milage driver.

I should recheck.
Service Intervals - xtrailman
I would call in at your dealer, in my experience with usless Nissan customer service, they only phone a dealer anyway.

Phone if you must , but ask for the service manager, often they are ex mechanics, and know what they are talking about.
Thanks for the advice and benefit of your collective knowledge.

I'll pay the local dealers a visit in order to clear things up. Fortunately I know a really good independant who can carry out the servicing as it does not have to be done by Citroen.