1998 1.4 draining my battery life - h1tm4n32
hi, can anyone help pls, we have had the AA out this car, a call out mechanic and still no joy, the car went dead with no power at all, so we had the battery changed and over night the new battery went flat,

we have checked and clean all hearth points and checked leads, i have just put another alternator on and stiil drained all the battery,

when it was driving the battery light came on and then went off, then it died at the lights but it started up that time, the light's went dim and bright when we touched accelerator.

just had the car jumped started and i left it for a while to charge and when i put the light's on it cut out or when i touched the brakes it cut out and would not start as no battery life was in the car, please help me
1998 1.4 draining my battery life - Woodspeed
Could be an alternator fault. Not charging. If a diode goes pop on the rectifier it can also cause a large drain.
this is my second alternator i have put on, just been looking at car and found a relay clicking under glove box compartment, when looked to see what it does, it had come up with battery saver, could this be the problem. thanks
just to let you know i have solved the problem, it was a battery save relay that drained the battery THANKS FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!!!!