A new supermarket car park scam - Stuartli
In view of this thread attributed to adverse camber a day or two ago:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=71...1

this supermarket car park scam highlighted today may prove of interest:

tinyurl.com/cqno8n

I don't know if other forum members have come across it or raised the topic, but it's a known fact that imitation is the finest form of flattery, so best to be aware that other toe rags may take it up.
A new supermarket car park scam - Rattle
I know that car park quite well but I usualy get the train to Southport so hopefully not a problem. I will never want to park a car within 15 miles of Liverpool :p: (joke).
A new supermarket car park scam - Lud
I will never want to park a car within 15 miles of Liverpool :p: (joke).

Staying near Northwich in Cheshire some years ago, a prosperous sort of place about 15 miles from Liverpool or perhaps a bit more, I noticed that any untoward sound in the evening, or the security lights going on, would make my hosts leap to their feet and twitch the curtains muttering anxiously: 'The Scousers, the Scousers...'

Southport is more than 15 miles from Southport...:-)

However, as Lud rightly points out, distance doesn't prove a barrier to the comparatively small number of toe rag Scousers who let the side down.

But this sort of people are everywhere, as we all know.
A new supermarket car park scam - madf
I have only had two car breakins in some 40 years of driving.

Yes they were in liverpool.

My opinion of the place and its denizens is unprintable.
A new supermarket car park scam - quizman
I had my car badly scratched in Liverpool, I hate the place.
A new supermarket car park scam - TedCrilly
I was born and bred in Liverpool and in fairness I have to say the place owes me a great deal........

The list includes, a microwave oven, several VCRs, 2 mountain bikes and a 1984 Ford Sierra.
A new supermarket car park scam - Mr X
Thats hilarious... stand by for the onslaught .
Funny how supermarkets are quick to issue parking tickets to customers they reckon have over stayed their time but can't control criminal activity on their car parks.
In this case it's a council operated car park with Draconian traffic wardens who issue fines if you are five seconds or over the parking time - Asda is just one of about 20 outlets on the site and pays the parking fee if you spend more than a certain amount.

My surprise is that as the police are aware of the problem why they haven't got some plain clothes officers on duty.

Edited by Stuartli on 06/02/2009 at 19:53

A new supermarket car park scam - Mr X
Surely these car parks are private property and as such, the owners of the stores have every right to remove people seen acting suspiciously ? Why don't they ?
A new supermarket car park scam - harib
Probably fear of getting a punch in the face...
A new supermarket car park scam - Andrew-T
I thought all large supermarket car parks had CCTV ?
A new supermarket car park scam - nortones2
Security guards get paid very little, and they're probably known to the scrotes, if not related:) Nelson touch?
A new supermarket car park scam - JH
I used to live in Warrington, next door to a police sergeant. He used to pull a face and moan that we got the bad lads from Liverpool & Manchester visiting!
JH
A new supermarket car park scam - grumpyscot
Liverpool was the first city where I was given the opportunity for some young schoool scallies to "watch my car for a quid". Foolishly, I ignored them and came back to my uncle's van minus wheels and doors. And that was 1968.

So not much has changed then!

A new supermarket car park scam - Andrew-T
>And that was 1968 ..

A friend of ours returned to her Cortina around then stealthily enough to disturb the scallies, so that they left their Ford master key in the lock ...