Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - bbroomlea{P}
As the title really. The wife wants a MINI again and looking at 3ish years old. We have had one before and wont be making the mistake of getting one without aircon and leather as it was a nightmare to get a good trade price for it.

Am a bit concerned that the MINI bubble may burst with the financial panic going on at the minute and as we are looking to keep it only 2 years or so, residual value is important.

No good offering alternatives as I have tried that and a MINI it has to be unfortunately.

Her perfectly reliable 11 year old Rover 214 that we have owned for 7 years isnt trendy enough in the works carpark anymore I suspect!

Personal preference would be to keep the Rover for another year or so and see what the market is like, but is there ever going to be a good time to buy?
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - rtj70
But the FIAT 500 is cheaper, has as much room inside and better looking. Could have one with climate control and leather for a good price new.

The right spec mini likely to hold its value. But who knows IF we have a recession.
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - gordonbennet
I sympathise bbroomlea, my mate's wife was exactly the same, despite all his suggestions otherwise it had to be a cooperS for his good lady, quite why this is i haven't the foggiest.

There seem to be hundreds of the blessed things parked up for sale at and around the various dealerships, what that signifies is anyone's guess.

I shall be a little cheeky and make a suggestion though, if your good woman wants to really upset the rest of her colleages, put her in a Honda S2000, many shades of green all around.

Girls are a lot of trouble...so they say.
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - Avant
Go for it and stuff the recession. If anything's going to hold its value it'll be a Mini Cooper. As any married man knows, the right time for anything is when SWMBO wants it.

Once you've got it, certainly keep it until these childish American economists get out of our hair.
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - qxman {p}
I frequently drive past a Mini/BMW main dealer and they have rows and rows of used Minis for sale at the moment. Goodness knows how they're going to keep their value.
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - freakybacon
Buy SWMBO the mini. Its what she wants, and has proven residuals. Anything else will not satisfy her, and will only lead to her disappointment and subsequently your misery. Simply be thankful that she has made a firm decision! As for the fiat 500- I shall sticck my neck out here..... this car is going to go the same way as previous fiats- its currently going for top money,but in 2 years time will be sold with "amazing" financial incentives, in the same way as the grande punto is now.
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - Collos25
Difficult to put the shopping in buy her a Transit.
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - movilogo
The only competitor to Mini is Suzuki Swift. They are almost as much fun but more practical [comes in 5-dr version as well - with all doors on correct sides :o) ]

Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - bbroomlea{P}
Cheers for your replys...and suggestions!

The 500 is a nice car and did go and look at one. Certainly better value but she doesnt like the back of it and the dash is a bit plasticy. Again, similar with the Swift - seats and interror let it down - just didnt feel special.

Only other contender that I am keen to see is the new Alfa MiTo but as she is harping on about it now, it might not be launched and any good demos for sale before we buy.

I like the S2000 option but the reason the TF160 is now a weekend toy is because she didnt like being so low to the floor on the motorway. There really are no pleasing some people!

I think a weekend looking at a few and seeing what offers/discounts we can get is in order next weekend - especially as there are shed loads of them around!
Is now a good time to buy a 3 year old MINI Cooper - Ed V
"If we have a recession?" !!!!!!!!!

Ignore the technicalities, and assume this crunch will be as bad as anything we've lived through.