Touch up paint - Obsolete
Does anyone know a source of touch up paint that MATCHES and which can be smoothed in to the surroundng paint? The colour is Ford pacific green metallic.

Halfords paint (comes in a small three bottle touch up kit) is significantly darker than my car and the varnish is not fully transparent. All in all it is poor.

Ford touch up paint (comes in a small two bottle touch up kit) is good until I try and smooth it: wet and dry paper turns it silver, and Turtlewax Safe Cut makes it lighter.

I have pretty much figured out how to get a near invisible repair to a paint chip apart from matching the colour.

Thanks. Leif.
Touch up paint - Dizzy {P}
Leif,

Twice I've resorted to buying 1/2 litre of paint from the factors in the hope of getting a good colour match, but still no success (different colours to yours).

Are Holt's DupliColours still made? I seem to recall these as being better than some, though I think they were aerosol sprays rather than brushing paints. I have applied paint from aerosols with a brush before now by spraying it into the lid and dipping the brush in it.

I have BMW's own brush touch-up paint/lacquer and this is a good match on my almost-black car (an easy colour to match) but the supplied brush is more suited to sweeping the yard.