C5 HDI 2.2 SX - Motel
I AM THINKING OF BUYING THIS CAR IN ABOUT TWO MONTHS TIME ANY REPORT WOULD HELP I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD MPG AND COMFORT AND NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT PERFORMANCE & SPEED THIS IS NOT MY MAIN CONCERN.
C5 HDI 2.2 SX - PhilW
If you are set on a C5 choose the 2.0 HDi then - it's more economical, slightly down on performance but same trim level
PhilW
C5 HDI 2.2 SX - Alistair Clough
Yes, the 2.2HDI seems to come with a setr of
avoidable problems.

HJ,

Could you explain to which problems you refer? The majority of 2.2 HDi owners I know are very happy with them.
C5 HDI 2.2 SX - Martyn [(ex) BR moderator]
MOTEL wrote:
I AM THINKING OF BUYING THIS CAR IN ABOUT TWO MONTHS
TIME ANY REPORT WOULD HELP I AM LOOKING FOR GOOD MPG
AND COMFORT AND NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT PERFORMANCE & SPEED THIS
IS NOT MY MAIN CONCERN.

An observation, MOTEL: contributing to an online discussion group with the caps lock on is thought to be bad manners (it's a way of expressing bad temper because it looks as if you're shouting). And the word "please" wouldn't go amiss either -- these little points of etiquette help to keep what is a very varied group of correspondents on track and in tune.

Hope you don't take offence...

Martyn [Back Room moderator]
====================
mailto:webmaster@honestjohn.co.uk
C5 HDI 2.2 SX - Motel
Martyn sorry about the message with caps lock on will be more careful,and thank you for the tips, no offence i am always willing to learn even at 66 thanks once again Motel
C5 HDI 2.2 SX - Mark (RLBS)
Motel,

click on this link for a previous discussion of these cars...

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=46...8

Also try search above, there have been several readers reporting issues with these cars (and to be fair, some saying they like them).