Honda Civic - Martin Wall
Saw a Honda Civic 'Vision' in local dealer's the other day - seems to have a lot of kit for the asking price ABS, AirCon, Airbags, CD player, Electric windows, Metallic paint, heated mirrors - all for £9995 (before discount) with a 3 year warranty.

To me this looks like a good deal - is there a better new car buy for this sort of money? Would this be a good bet for someone who does mainly motorway miles with some town driving or is the 1.4 engine not up to the job?
Honda Civic - Godfrey H {P}
Martin, I have a Honda Civic 1.6s. Honda VTEC engines are very feisty my 1.6 is only marginally slower than my old 1.8 Astra sport. I am sure the 1.4 will be more than up to your needs. Read the HJ road test report which is spot on. Their is a an aerodymanic induced "drone" which comes in at above legal motorway speed limits due to the flat floor-pan. Honda dealers are usually generous with their demonstraors, make an appointment to borrow one for a day to see if it meets your needs. I have done 10500 miles in my Honda in 9 months and so far nothing has gone wrong/fallen off.
Honda Civic - Alf
The price seems pretty keen when compared to the competition.
BTW, good luck if you can get a discount on that price, if you do succeed, please let us know where!

Regards,

Alf
Honda Civic - Martin Wall
FYI Drivethedeal (www.drivethedeal.com) have them for £9768.15 - although strangely enogh they say that the MRRP is £10,050 - I think they may have got the VED rates mixed up....

(there are a few errors on the site - such as the manual versions of cars being listed at the automatic price and vice-versa)