(91-94) mk2 1.3 - fuel proof sealer? - steveo3002
ok ive just been messeing around fitting a replacment carb...on the fuel return the rubber hose joins onto a hard plastic pipe that returns to the tank, i had a slight leak there despite using new proper vag rubber fuel pipe and a new jubilee

i think its cured now...but if not is there a gasket sealer type thing that can be used to aid the seal on low /no presure fittings , as i cant see no other way to fix it if it leaks again

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/01/2008 at 12:35

(91-94) mk2 1.3 - fuel proof sealer? - Screwloose

Jubilee clips are fine for bigger diameters, but not suited to fuel hoses as the part containg the screw is a fixed radius and doesn't exert an equal force on the full circumference.

Proper fuel-line clips are available for the job. The two-eye type are probably the best if you don't have the appropriate Oetiker pliers to crimp them. You'll find bags of them on e-bay.
(91-94) mk2 1.3 - fuel proof sealer? - steveo3002
i said jubilee but i guess it is a proper band style clamp for small hoses

can you link me some what you are suggesting?

Typical! The one time when no-one's selling any.....

However; if you search for Oetiker, there is a picture of a one-eye clip with the pliers.
(91-94) mk2 1.3 - fuel proof sealer? - jc2
Spring ones are available as well.
(91-94) mk2 1.3 - fuel proof sealer? - bathtub tom
>>Oetiker

All these years I've been using blunt pincers. I never knew a proper tool existed.

Damn amateurs ;>)

Had a pair of exactly those Knipex ones for over 20 years - wouldn't be without 'em.
Their ability to clamp - or cut - in the most awkward places is brilliant.