2001 Buick Century - 16" Wheels - HELP! - joenormal
I am over in the US at the moment and we (brother & I) want to put 16" wheels on a his daughters 2001 (3.1 v6) Buick century, which is factory shipped with 15"

More detail: Car has Firestone P205/R70 15 inch, We have some 16" Snow tyres (tires) 215/55 16" and want to purchase 16" rims.

The car has auto tyre pressure, but so what if that does not work proper, but I wonder of any big issues of the extra inch!

Any comments.

Thanks

Dennis
2001 Buick Century - 16" Wheels - HELP! - oilrag
Insurance, harder ride, weaker more vulnerable wheels.

sorry can`t think of any positives.

Regards
2001 Buick Century - 16" Wheels - HELP! - R40
15" to 16" does not make a massive difference to the ride quality from personal experience. The wheel size is used on a fair few cars as standard or option nowadays so its not like your going to be putting on wheels that as a size aren't tried and tested.
2001 Buick Century - 16" Wheels - HELP! - Kevin
The handbook should tell you which OEM wheel/tyre combinations were available. If not - go to tirerack.com.

The website tells you which wheels will fit and the recommended tyre sizes. 225/60-16 appears to be the preferred tyre for 16" rims.

If tyre pressures are the same for both rim sizes it shouldn't affect the warning system.

Lot's of places (including non-franchise) in the US do cheap winter-tyre + wheel combinations at this time of year. That could be a better option for you.

Kevin...
2001 Buick Century - 16" Wheels - HELP! - derek_usa
The infomation on Tirerack clearly shows that the 16" wheels will be fine, along with the Blizzark snow tires.