Mondeo Locks Help? - eljay
Hi,

My Mondeo (2003 TDCi) locking mystifies me!
The double-flash of the flashers (that confirms locking) has stopped.
This is subsequent to my setting off the alarm.

I opened the bonnet whist the car was locked, off went the alarm which I stopped with the remote.
Ever since... no double flash! I've tried unlocking and relocking everything in various sequences to no avail.

Should I just disconnect the battery?
Would this action upset the ECU programming?

Advice appreciated

Thanks

Eljay
Mondeo Locks Help? - rtj70
Out of curiosity I tried the same... well it's a lease car and someone asked a question.

Set alarm off by opening bonnet and stopped it. Then tried to lock it and no flashes. But when you press the button again to dead-lock it does flash twice. Now did it ever flash twice when the first stage of locking comes into play? I think it did but not sure. Now I always dead-lock so not that bothered and I can hear two two distinct stages of locking.

But can someone with a Mondeo of this vintage lock and re-lock (first press of button) and confirm it should flash. If there is a problem I will get in touch with Ford to figure out what went on.

Ta

Rob
Mondeo Locks Help? - a900ss
Not too much help but my S-Max flashes on 'first' lock with no further flashes when you deadlock the second time.
I think that's how the Mondeo was.... interesting. I cannot recall for certain as I always hit the button twice quickly and been doing it for 3.5 years now.

It's locked and alarmed so might pop in to Ford or phone the premium (at company expense) number for technical support.
Mondeo Locks Help? - kithmo
Mine's a 2005.5 facelift and it does not flash on the first press and flashes twice on the second press of the button to confirm double locking.
Mondeo Locks Help? - kithmo
In answer to OP, the Mondeo won't double lock if there is a door, bonnet or boot open, therefore I'd suspect that the plunger on the bonnet catch may be siezed in the up position (a common fault) which is causing the car to think the bonnet is open. Try lowering the bump stops on the bonnet a fraction.
Check the boot latch too then. Mine failed recently and needed some replacement parts. Not only would it not lock it would not close properly. It kept bouncing open.

And has someone just upgrade the look of the forum!?!?!
Mondeo Locks Help? - Dynamic Dave
And has someone just upgrade the look of the forum!?!?!

Yes - www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=51328
Mondeo Locks Help? - NARU
Mine's a 2005.5 facelift and it does not flash on the
first press and flashes twice on the second press of the
button to confirm double locking.

Mine works identically (Late 2004 registered)
Mondeo Locks Help? - eljay
Have looked at the bonnet catch which seems OK.

When it used to operate "normally", it was as others said ...one press-no flash; two press-two flashes.

I would like to reset everything from scratch.
Could anyone answer my Qs above?

Should I just disconnect the battery?
Would this action upset the ECU programming?

Thanks

eljay
Mondeo Locks Help? - wilts43

UPDATE

SOLVED!

(I am eljay actually but I changed ISP & email and couldn't log-in on the old email to make the changes)

I shorted out the bonnet catch wires about a year ago. NO RECURRANCE EVER SINCE!