Body shop in Derby - mfarrow
Hi

Does anyone know of a cheap body shop in derby that do a good job? I need a 0.5 square meter (ish) patch doing at the rear wing corner, and I had no joy with Halfords "colour match" system. I was hoping for no more than £50 (metallic).

Also preferably within walking distance of RTC business park.

Thanks,

--------------
Mike Farrow
Body shop in Derby - Number_Cruncher
Sorry Mike, I can't be of help - but I will be very interested in any answers you get!

>>within walking distance of RTC business park.

I didn't realise that you were so close by. Until quite recently, I used to work in Brunel House.

Number_Cruncher
Body shop in Derby - happytorque
And I work near the Pentagon Island.......just fancy!! ;o)
Body shop in Derby - bell boy
. I was hoping
for no more than £50 (metallic).

--------------
Mike Farrow

are you saying you want a good bodyshop to spray primer, basecoat and lacquer on to a 0.5 square area match it in polish and leave no sign that its been done?
metallic as well
and all for £50?
or did i miss something
are you saying you want a good bodyshop to spray primer,
basecoat and lacquer on to a 0.5 square area match it
in polish and leave no sign that its been done?
metallic as well
and all for £50?

I just need a base coat that doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. I can laquer it myself if needbe.

NC, I'm only ever in Derby for training and for 3 weeks on a placement soon with some rolling stock engineers in Kelvin House. Small world isn't it?!

--------------
Mike Farrow
Body shop in Derby - Simon
You are asking for the impossible. You have either got to bite the bullet and get a bodyshop to do the repair for you or not bother at all. They can't just spray the basecoat on and give it you back to laquer it - it just doesn't work like that. As for doing a patch, that is unlikely too as most bodyshops will need to laquer out the whole of the rear quarter as it is easier and a lot more effective than trying to do a 'spot repair'. Your £50 will barely cover the cost of the (professional) paint and materials, never mind the four or so hours of labour needed to do the job properly.
Body shop in Derby - machika
For around a £100, I could recommend somewhere that I have used recently.
Thank you for your reply machika.

We have not needed a paint job doing on a car in a long time, and never a metallic one.

Unfortunately the car really isn't worth that much so I think I'll try my patience at blending the colour over a larger area myself. I would do anyway but the damage was on the boot lid, the other side of which is where all the decals are.

--------------
Mike Farrow