Small automatic runabout recommendation - pyruse
My old Nissan Bluebird is nearing the end of its life at last, and needs replacing this year.
It's only a second car, which gets very light use (to and from work if I don't cycle, and occasional evening trips when the other car is in use), so I'd like something smaller, and I'd like an automatic.

What would backroomers recommend as a small, cheap, reliable automatic for up to £5K?
Small automatic runabout recommendation - local yokel
A Nissan Almera would suit you well. No need to spend £5k on a shopping trolley. £1500 will get you a tidy enough car. Most of these cars have had a very easy life owned by a fastidious pensioner, and always garaged.
Small automatic runabout recommendation - pyruse
A Nissan Almera would suit you well. No need to spend £5k on a shopping trolley. £1500 will get you a tidy enough car. Most of these cars have had a very easy life owned by a fastidious pensioner, and always garaged.
------------------
Perhaps I should have mentioned that our other car is a 2 year old Almera auto (1800) :-)
I was thinking of something Micra-sized, but maybe you're right, just get another older Almera....

Small automatic runabout recommendation - stunorthants26
If you just want basic automatic transport, a Perodua Kelisa auto would do the job. Would get a nearly new one for £5k with only a few thousand miles on it.
Small automatic runabout recommendation - Happy Blue!
There are several small automatics on the market and for £5000 you can buy one that is probably no more than three years old. Certainly we bought a two year old Suzuki Wagon R+ auto in late 2004 for just over £5,000 so for your occasional trips, you could surely cope with an older model.

Look for small models from Japanese (Daihatsu) or Korean (Kia/Hyundai) marques as well as Perodua. I'll bet for £3000 you could find something quite interesting.