V70 or Mondeo tdci - welshy
Oh im in a dilema now . I drive a Mondeo 2003 tdci 115bhp . I have been offered a V70 on a 51 plate but its a 2.4 petrol the 130 bhp model and an automatic . I really like the look and drive of the Volvo but how worse off will i be financially . In recent times diesel is slightly more expensive that petrol plus diesel servicing is a lot shorter than the petrol .

I was thinking in the not to distant future to maybe do a lpg conversion on the Volvo . Guys what would you all do . My Mondeo has done 72,000 miles and allready feels like a bag of nails , the Volvo in question has done 80 odd thousand miles and feel so much tighter and solid . Come to think of it so does a 100,000 mile new shape Vectra !
V70 or Mondeo tdci - cheddar
V70 is a good solid car though a stodgy drive compared to a Mondeo and will do half the MPG on gas, the 170bhp engine is much better, better still 200bhp 2.4T, lots of torque. 72k is nothing for a Mondeo, perhaps get yours fixed whether you trade it or not, mine drives pretty much as new at 111k miles.
V70 or Mondeo tdci - Micky
">allready feels like a bag of nails <"

Suspension bushes should be a service item for a Mondeo, cheap tyres don't help. Is the much vaunted TDCi engine rough at 70k?
">allready feels like a bag of nails <"
Suspension bushes should be a service item for a Mondeo, cheap
tyres don't help. Is the much vaunted TDCi engine rough at
70k?

No common suspension issues, it is rear subframe bushes that need replacing typically at 100k plus though some times earlier. The 115 is not a patch on the 130 the latter having 25% more torque as well as more power, should be barely run in at 70k though.
">100k plus<"

Ha!
V70 or Mondeo tdci - welshy
Yes front tyres are cheap and nasty I guess . They are Linglongs ! Rears are Avon zv3 . Maybe change the fronts for new avons ?????
Linglongs??!!

Goodyear NCTs work well on Mondeos, as do Vredesteins. Neither tyre offers the ultimate in grip but wet weather performance is good.

No doubt Cheddybaby will be along shortly to provide the expert's viewpoint ;-)
to provide the expert's
viewpoint >>

Nice to be acknowledged, thanks :-)