Cold feet - PoloGirl
When I have hot air directed only at the feet in my Golf, the passenger's feet (not that there are normally feet there - most days it's just my lunch and handbag) get hotter much more quickly than mine. Is that the same in most cars? Is it because the pedals block the heat on the driver's side?

Cold feet - 659FBE
Sounds like another cheapskate half-baked VAG right hand drive "conversion" - like the Passat handbrake.

Cold feet - PoloGirl
Actually yes - that's another thing! The handbrake is on the wrong side, so if you've got bottles in the bottle holder, you actually have to reach across them to use the handbrake.

Just niggles though - I still love Gunther.

Cold feet - Lud
Not at all 659. German courtesy to the passenger, combined with the conviction that PG's feet will be kept warm by their energetic dancingt on the pedals as she tries to keep the thing on the road at the speeds a red blooded person should be going at, short of provable illegality of course.
Cold feet - Stuartli
Out of curiosity, how do you know it gets hotter quicker on the passenger side?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Cold feet - Dynamic Dave
Maybe the ducting behind the dash that feeds the feet vents isn't connected up properly?
Cold feet - Avant
"If PoloGirl thinks that's bad, just wait until she tries to change the pollen filter."

How often are you supposed to change the pollen filter anyway? Is it something that's done at a service?
Cold feet - Stuartli
I noticed, quite by chance, today that my VW Bora has a heater outlet half-way down the passenger side of the centre console, so this may explain the additional heating on that side. The duct was hidden by the rubber mat...:-)
Cold feet - Pugugly {P}
She still hasn't let on how she found out.
Cold feet - type's'
In answer to your question PG all seems equal in the accord but you could ask your better half to verify his is the same. (I think he's still got the accord)
Cold feet - Avant
If you look at her original post, it seems that her lunch and handbag go on the floor. Thus presumably her sandwich has become a toastie by the time she gets to work.

One of our scientists can now work out how long her drive to work needs to be for this to happen.
Cold feet - type's'
Can you ask him to do it for a bacon butty as well.
Cold feet - Lud
Let us hope that Polo Girl's sinister silence is not the direct result of eating a tuna sandwich made with the worst brand of tuna flakes(*) left too long in the overheated passenger footwell of her ** **** (*).

Are you OK PG?

*see 'No naming and shaming' above.
Cold feet - PoloGirl
Bimey you lot are random!

I can feel the heat coming up from the passenger side, yet my feet on the driver side are still cold. And don't worry, most days my lunch is soup!

TypeS - the Honda has gone, and he has an Octavia while he waits for the order for the Passat to get sorted out.
Cold feet - type's'
That's right I remember now.
Why don't you check the octavia - after all it's a golf with a different badge - although skoda do tend to build em better than VW.
Cold feet - PoloGirl
It's a hire car and so basic I would be surprised if it even had a heater! It's really put Andy off the Octavia, even though if he had one it would be a much higher specced model. He's away (again!) at the mo but I'll carry out some scientific testing for you when he returns.
Cold feet - Stuartli
I did point out in an earlier thread that my Bora has a heater duct on the passenger side of the centre console...:-)

Presumably it also applies to the Golf.
Cold feet - PoloGirl
I'll stick my head down there tomorrow and let you know...
Cold feet - Red Baron
Could the gaps in the carpet and insulation on the drivers side let through just that bit more fresh air causing the drivers footwell seem just that much cooler.

What you want is a thermocouple (to position midpoint in the heating duct exit) and an anemometer (to measure the 'wind' speed).