laguna causing grief. - indaknow
over the past two weeks my laguna 1.9dci (2002) has become more and more difficult to start when hot. The hotter the engine the more it turns over before firing, to a point that yesterday it wouldln't start after i stopped. after twenty minutes it went again. i hadn't noticed any problems while driving along, apart from one accasion at the weekend, when driving along the engine suddenly cut out, i pulled over and it started straight away. i am taking it to my mechanic on thursday but any ideas what it could be would be welcomed. Also i am getting the rear bushions replaces, is this a big job?
laguna causing grief. - Collos25
The rear bushes is quite a big job the other problem well just look on the site archive for the miriad of problems with laguna diesels,the electonics are a nightmare I wish you luck.
laguna causing grief. - Norman77
Laguna engines can be a nightmare. Petrol and diesel

The turbo has been known to disintegrate and get sucked into the engine so check this out.

Any smoke or strange noises and the car has done over 40,000 miles and it could be the aluminium intercooler. They split in half.

The exhaust gas recirculation valve (egr) can cause problems too. A lack of power from the engine can mean it has stuck or the end of it has fallen off causing an air leak.

Could also be an ecu problem (french electrics)

Hopes this gives you some ideas.
laguna causing grief. - dazzler
had a similar problem with my 03 kangoo it wouldn,t start first time when the engine was warm but was otherwise fine. after having the camshaft sensor and the glowplugs changed with no effect, it turned out to be a incorrectly set diesel pump. cost 300 quid been fine since.