Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Murphy The Cat
This weekend I have organised the first meeting of 300C owners in Europe. There are about 10 of us coming and we're meeting up in the Lake District for a meal, dealer visit and an afternoon at Holker Hall nr Grange Over Sands, where we are going to enjoy Afternoon Tea on the lawn !! (& the Motor Museum, Hall & Gardens)

When the car was first launched in the UK, the press and motoring forums were full of nice things about the looks of the car, but also suggested that the people that would buy them would be "drug dealers, gangsters, footballers, chavs, bookies," etc, etc. After this weekend I'll be able to tell you the truth behind the headlines !!

So far, there are people coming from as far away as Aberdeen & London and most folks are bringing their wives with them.

Fingers crossed the weather will be good and we'll have a good day. Hopefully, I'll have some piccies to post as well.

MTC
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - mss1tw
When the car was first launched in the UK, the press
and motoring forums were full of nice things about the looks
of the car, but also suggested that the people that would
buy them would be "drug dealers, gangsters, footballers, chavs, bookies," etc,
etc. After this weekend I'll be able to tell you
the truth behind the headlines !!

I hardly think these people are likely to turn up to a 300C meet either!

But I hope you have a smashing day. :o)
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - stevied
Yes, have fun. I saw a 300C in Nantwich last night as I strolled into town, and it looked EVIL. Very nice interior too.

I want one.
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Altea Ego
Excelent I know where to go to get my fix now then, might even get some stuff to sell on,
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - apm
I saw a stretch 300C the other day. Impressive, although still likely to be full of Chavs on a hen/stag night...
--
Dr Alex Mears
MG BGT 1971
If you are in a hole stop digging...unless
you are a miner.
Excelent I know where to go to get my fix now
then, might even get some stuff to sell on,

Don't disturb us around 4 O Clock though - thats when we're having afternoon tea !

MTC
Check whats in the sugar bowl first
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Lud
Sugar bowls eh? LOL, TVM. That's high-end Hollywood/Wall Street stuff...
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Chad.R
Remember to wear some padding under your shirt - otherwise all that mutual back-patting is going to bring up a few bruises!

;-))))))))

Seriously, well done for organising the event and I hope everyone has a great day!
Remember to wear some padding under your shirt -

My wife tells me that I already wear padding under my shirt, the front of the shirt that is !

thanks for your good wishes and I'll post again after the weekend with how it all went.

MTC
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - BobbyG
MTC, how is the quality of alloys on the 300? Reason I am asking is that near me there is one of these "alloy refurbishers". Every time I pass there are cars sitting there minus their wheels, obviously getting their alloys recoated etc. When I passed yesterday there was a 300C sitting there wheelless.

Looked strange, wondered if their design led to a lot of kerbing?

Maybe it was just a proud owner wanting to get them polished before going to meet fellow 300c owners........
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Vincent de Marco
So you're planning a dealer visit.... Out of sheer curiousity - what for ?
- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western economy.
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Pugugly {P}
I saw one again today, it looked hungry IFYKWIM. Nice in Silver.....

Free enterprise is the basis of western economy

Vincent don't know if you have been watching Niall Ferguson on C4 of late but he's with you on your original
Free enterprise is the basis of western democracy tagline.
So you're planning a dealer visit.... Out of sheer curiousity -
what for ?

Hi Vincent

I seem to be in the minority of 300C owners in the respect that the service and help that I have rec'd from E.S Hartleys has been excellant in every way, whereas the service that other 300C owners get from their dealers is widely said to be fairly poor. From the 300C website that I post on, in a lot of cases I know more about some aspects of the car than the service managers at some of the DC dealerships (i'm not being some sort of a clever dick, the things that I have picked up have come from America, the 300c is such a low volume car that the sales/service managers just don't have the experience to fall back on).

A few of the people on the forum said that they wished they had the same sort of relationship with their dealer and so I thought that when we had our meet up, we could go to Hartleys for a short while and people could perhaps get answers to questions that there own dealers can't answer - or mabye get opinions confirmed, or alternatives offered.

The other thing is that they sell quite a lot of Car Exotica and it's always fun to sniff around a Ferrari, Bentey or Viper.

Plus, they're putting on brews and biscuits for us !!

Hopefully the dealership can get some PR out of it for themselves and we all go home happy.

MTC

Hi Bobby

I'll mabye know a little bit more after the weekend. I'm not aware of any problems and as you may know the tyres are very unfashionable big boys rather than sleek low profile things. I would have that a kerbing problem would have been worse with low profie tyres but I could be wrong.

It IS a big beast of a car and perhaps it is a victime of people misjudging things - I had the misfortune of visiting an NCP car park (at least Dick Turpin wore a mask while he was robbing you) and it was VERY TIGHT in places. Other than that, I don't really know.

On a seperate subject, every week when Arnie gets his clean, I cast a close eye on the condition of the tyres. At this stage with 10500 mile on, they have loads of tread left - which is reassuring, because they don't look like cheap bits of rubber to me !

MTC
Hopefully the dealership can get some PR out of it for themselves and we all go home happy.

Hopefully... Please do post some pics Murphy ;)

- - - - - - -
>> Hopefully the dealership can get some PR out of it
for themselves and we all go home happy.
Hopefully... Please do post some pics Murphy ;)

They have been very good with me and I am a great believer in what goes around comes around.

as for the piccies, you bet !!!

MTC

p.s. Vincent, doing a dealer visit seemed natural to me, why were you surprised ?
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - ukbeefy
Would be interesting MTC to report back on the meet. Would like to know if there are any obvious similarities in owners of 300Cs.....are they all "well built" assertive men aged 37-55 who've done pretty well in life maybe setting up and runnin their own business....or is that a huge generalisation?

It just seems with alot of cars before you actually see the driver of a car you can often pretty much guess who's driving it - eg I've never seen someone driving a pick up truck with shiny wheels who is not shaved head/brawny looking or a Kangoo/Berlingo drivers who look like they do their own hair/wear dungarees and practical shoes...
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - stevied
What do Fabia vRS owners look like then? : )
UKbeefy, do you know me by any chance )))))))

MTC
MTC

I have some really bad news for you mate,

I got passed by a 300c on the M4 today.

Sorry to break this to you

I was a stretched 300c, and I mean really stretched. - in White too.

Sorry mate.

You could always do hen nights?

TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Dynamic Dave
I was a stretched 300c, and I mean really stretched. - in White too.

www.jjlimo.com/cars/300stretch.jpg ??

or

www.ladamlimo.com/images/300.jpg ??

or

tinyurl.com/jns4f ??

Worse

it had PARTY TIME logos down the side.....................
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Not quite what I was thinking of when I told my wife that I wanted a big American car !

It's a shame that noone this weekend has got one of those because we could leave our cars at the pub and all go in mr Stretchy.

I think that I'll stick with Arnie..

& the weather forecast for this weekend is good - so for once Arnie'll keep his shine (once I've got all of the blasted flies & bugs off)

MTC

I don't know you mate but I have a good vibe that I'm right !
Hi ukbeefy

your description of a UK 300C owner was me in every category !!

MTC
So how was it? Were there lots of MTC lookie likees....

Hi ukbeefy

it was a really nice day out with a selection of in someways very similar, but in other ways very different people.

In short they were a selection of "ordinary" folk.. Sizewise there was only bloater - me.
I'd say that everyone tehre was self employed or a business owner and I think that all the cars were personal buys rather than Company Cars. Age wise I'd say
30 - 60. The only 2 definite similarities were that we all drove the same car and that we were all friendly, approachable, chatty people.

Whilst we were having lunch, I mentioned thi ssite and that some people (but not UKbeey) said that they thought it is a car that is owned by gangsters, drug dealers, pimps, etc, etc. We laughed along, but none of us could see where the idea had come from.

So in short. There were 8 cars and most folk brought there wives / girlfriends. The blokes talked cars for about an hour whilst we were at Hartleys whilst partners did some Fam Shop shopping, but in general, it was a case of 16 people who were completye strangers enjoying each others company for the day ----- it was very, very enjoyable.

MTC

p.s. people came from London, Reading, Peak Distict, Falkirk, Midlands, Manchester & Nottingham. So quite a trip for most folk. There is another similarity between us all --------- we all absolutley love the entire 300C ownership / driving thing.
Sounds like a great day and a nice way to meet like minded people. Glad not everyone conformed to a Sopranos stereotype...

I do wonder with the 300C given its presence do u get stopped endlessly in car parks or whereever with people asking dumb questions or wanting to see inside or giving u funny looks as they want to see who is behind the wheel? Does this get wearing?

I just ask because although not quite the same a mate of mine has a rediculously cute dog that when we're out in town walking about seems to prompt every single Japanese tourist, American, dog lover etc to stop us,ask a string of questions and want to pet it...can make getting about town a right pain and slow too. At some times I say "are you bringing the dog?" as it means we rarely get much done if we do.

It might do if people were boorish or aggressive/unpleasant about it, but I've never had that yet. Most people are just curious and usually come across with a "excuse me mate, I've just been looking at your car, what is it attitude" and TBH it's nice to have a chat with strangers about it.

I was at my local woodyard on Saturday loading up with a few bags when this Old Boy came across to talk -- I'vve always wanted one of these since I was a lad and it's nice to see that you're not afraid to use it for "stuff". Not at all, sadi I, but what do you think it is ?----------- and then we go through the whole "well I thought it was a Bentley, it certainly looks like one" chat.

The other thing is that I must look like an approachable type of person !!

MTC
Have you ever used it in a situation to "pull rank" eg turn up a posh hotel/nightclub and get decent service/a better parking place?

I saw one 300C yesterday and it just made me stop and stare...how big are the wheels? they look like nothing else I've seen...shiny wheels and big black car...that's all I saw.
I think all 300C have 18" as standard ?
- - - - - - -
I've got a few piccies of the day out, but it was hard getting all 8 cars in the same piccie - my lens wasn't wide enough.

tinyurl.com/rke8x

and another with a few folk missing from it

tinyurl.com/p2hvq

I'm not usually a gambling man, but I'd like to bet that there was some serious car washing going on on Saturday night.

The wheels are 18" jobbies, but what makes them look even bigger is the very unfashionable and decidedly non low profile tyres that get put on them.

Here's a piccie of Arnie absolutely dominating the car next to him.

tinyurl.com/mhlmj

MTC
Error: Unable to find site's URL to redirect to. Please check that the URL entered is correct.

- - - - - - -
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Dynamic Dave
tinyurl links have now been corrected. MTC forgot to remove the IMG command from the links before converting them. DD.
Cheers DD

Thats what happens when you post when your excited !!

MTC
Have you ever used it in a situation to "pull rank"
eg turn up a posh hotel/nightclub and get decent service/a better
parking place?

Not only no, but I can honestly say that the idea has never crossed my mind. I am however very grateful to have a toddler son that I can utilise to full effect when I go shopping i.e. use the parent & toddler space ----- does that count ??

MTC

p.s. we did have to park in the Coach Park at Holker Hall though

tinyurl.com/falnw
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - No FM2R
Its really great that the weekend went well, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I see one of these on the M40 between Banbury and Warwick from time to time, definitely an imposing looking vehicle. 7 or 8 of them at the same time moving along the roads must have attracted a great deal of attention.
'Arnie' has a much nicer grill than those hideous rabbit hutch looking things on the others.
Very good of you to say kind Sir !!

In Americaland you have a choice of about 100 aftermarket grilles, in the UK we just have 2 - one from Brabus ( pressed Chrome) & one from Startech (Chromed Plastic about 1/2 inch deep). The grille and the lower mesh inserts I brought back from America last year when I was on holiday.

Sadly, I couldn't get the Lambo doors through as part of my luggage
www.autotrucktoys.com/300/JT-Auto-Style-Chrysler-3...x

MTC

Sadly, I couldn't get the Lambo doors through as part of my luggage

Murphy: Don't you even dare... ;)
300C does NOT need any 'optical' tuning, especially with those stupid doors !
- - - - - - -
:^D What he said! Too Nova-like now...
Sorry mss1tw, I don't understand your shorthand

MTC
I see more Lambo doors on Novas, Corsas and Saxos than on Lambos I'm afraid!

A rather chavvy mod, to me anyway. Don't do it!
I wouldn't dream of defacing my lovely Arnie in such a way, but please tell me, what to you think of some of these
www.autotrucktoys.com/300/GBC-Chrysler-300300C-Pre...x

MTC

p.s. no, of course I'm not being serious. Who would actually do that to their car
Europes first meeting of 300C Owners - Citroënian {P}
MTC,

Those group pictures should really be accompanied by the soundtrack of the theme to "Sopranos"

:-)

Lee -- There\'s no place like 127.0.0.1