Best tyres? - david stone
I'm looking for recommendations for good tyres. They need to be available in / 195/60R15 87V. I'm currently running the Avon ZV1 which have pretty decent grip but are noisy and the ride quality is rather poor.

I'm looking for tyres with good comfort / ride quality, low noise, but reasonable grip / performance in wet and dry conditions. I'm not bothered by the cost or wear rates.

A friend of my has suggested:-

Continental ContiPremiumContact
Goodyear Eagle F1
Michelin Pilot HX-MXV3A

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: Best tyres? - John Slaughter
Goodyears are fine on grip, but can whine on some surfaces. I've found the Michelin Pilot HX in 205/60 VR15's excellent. Good grip, good life, and very quiet.

Regards

john
Re: Best tyres? - Mike Rollings
I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago for 185/60x14. general consensus favoured Pirelli P6000s. I got them fited last week and they have transformed the car. Quietness is excellent, as is roadholding. All-in cost for 4 tyres £220.
Re: Best tyres? - david stone
Thanks for the tips. I'll look up the old thread.
Re: Best tyres? - Simon Ridgers
I have the new Michelin Pilot Primacy fitted to my car and they are fantastic for grip, ride and noise. Too early to comment on wear. They are a big step forward on the old Pilot HX
Re: Best tyres? - Frank Cook
Can reccomend Pirelli P 6000 tyres, very good grip and ride, seem to wear well also
What about the P7000s? - david stone
What about the P7000s?

I'm assuming that they're better than the P6000s. Anyone had any experience?