Peugeot 106 xnd thermostat - roger222
Hi all

Carreid out a radiator change on a 106 xnd. I am pretty ingorant on cars and finding my way with a haynes manual. My question is this. Where is the thermostat located. Is this the device on the radiator connected to the fan, or is their another one in the engine. ?

ALso which is the thermostat that would cause the temperature warning light to come on?

Thanks for any advice.

Roger
Peugeot 106 xnd thermostat - Peter D
The switch in the rad is for the fan. The stat is in a housing on the right hand end of the engine where the top hose connects to and the overhaet ligh is probably comin on because you have ier in the system Bleed all the air out at the rad and the rear left side bleed nibble several times. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 xnd thermostat - bell boy
ive just bled one of these and the easiest way was to jack the o/s front up as far as you can and then its antifreeze first followed by water and open the bleed valve just to the side of the expansion bottle ,leave jacked up in neutral with radiator cap off and run the engine up for 5 mins (leave radiator cap off) keep opening the bleed valve till only water comes out topping up as necessary........job done.
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Peugeot 106 xnd thermostat - madf
I have always bled them following Haynes to the letter and never had any problems..
madf
Peugeot 106 xnd thermostat - roger222
Hi

I dont currently have the light on. All appears well, but I was just concerned I had connected it up right when I pyt in the new fan.

Is there a way to test the fan connections are wired up correctly and are in fact working?. I havent touched any thermostats in the engine so assume are ok?

Thanks