Oil light on Ford Ka2 1998 - AndrewMarc
I noticed a couple of weeks ago on the moterway that my oil warning light came on after I had to brake very hard. The light went off after a couple of seconds. I was abit bored earlier so tryed a bit of brake testing and after a couple of goes I managed to do it again. Is this the decelerating force pushing the oil to the front of the engine?????

Thanks
Oil light on Ford Ka2 1998 - Adam {P}
Sounds like it yes.

Have you checked the oil level? If not, I would.
Oil light on Ford Ka2 1998 - blue_haddock
You will probably find if you took a long fast sweeping bend you would have the same effect, either way it can cause oil starvation problems and you don't want to be getting into that sort of problem.

Like Adam says check the oil - you will probably find that it is quite low and will need topping up.
Oil light on Ford Ka2 1998 - Roberson
"Is this the decelerating force pushing the oil to the front of the engine?????"

Yes, away from the oil pump pick up strainer. It can also occur during cornering. If I were you, I would check your oil ASAP, as this is classic signs of a low oil level. My aunt had similar trouble with her fiesta. Came to our house and casually mentioned that every time she went around a corner the ?little oil can? flashed. I said I would look at it: pulled dipstick out - yep, bone dry. These old engines can be fond of a drop of oil....
Oil light on Ford Ka2 1998 - AndrewMarc
thank you kindly everbody
Oil light on Ford Ka2 1998 - mick1999
Just out of interest what percentage of the oil volume is being circulated round engine at any one time, eg, sump holds 5 litres how much would be in left in sump when engine is running, as the oil is used to assist cooling the more in the sump the better.