TATA reveiw from India - artful dodger {P}

Just read this review on carsurvey.org by an owner of a TATA estate and thought you would find it interesting.

(This has had to be removed because carsurvey regarded it as a breach of copyright. HJ 12-6-2012.)

Anyone want to buy a TATA? -- Roger I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.

Edited by Honestjohn on 12/06/2012 at 19:15

TATA reveiw from India - Vansboy
Their LoadBeta pick up - especially with double cab, represented excellent value for money, if image wasn't main consideration. So ideal as a farm hack, or local councils to use, where the re-sale price wasn't an issue, also.

Not the nicest thing to drive, but the large, chrome, bonnet badge looked impressive - but the weight of it probably cost another couple of mpg, to be lost!!

VB
TATA reveiw from India - Xileno {P}
>>Anyone want to buy a TATA?

No TA TA
TATA reveiw from India - ajit
Just read this review on carsurvey.org by an owner of a
TATA estate and thought you would find it interesting.
"Yeah it's true that the Estate is truly great car. My
dad bought this car three years back (2002). It had all
the rattling sounds a truck

The Tata Estate was an Estate version of the Loadabeta pickup -loosely resembles a Merc w124 Estate. Was very crudely engineered when India was closed to external technology sources. I would not generalise from that review that Tata cars are all that bad. They are no where near Hyundai - but, in India for a 5000 quid car which has space, a economical diesal engine and built for rough roads, the Indicar - is a pretty good bet, as a 7000 quid CityRover...forget it