92 Water leaking into the footwells. - dannii123
I have a water leak in my astra. Everytime it rains the foot wells of my car both sides are saturated. There is no water on the seats so we've ruled out it being the sun roof. We recently had a new windscreen but can't see any leaks through there. It seems to be coming from between the bonnet and windscreen but i cannot see any obvious place. This also causes something to short within the car and the battery to go dead. It's very confusing!!!
Any suggestions??
Thanks

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 01/01/2009 at 10:49

water leak in k reg astra - Dynamic Dave
Have a look to see that the drain in the scuttle panel (area below the windscreen) isn't blocked. From memory it's a rubber tube that sits directly above the steering rack in the middle of the bulk head.

Also check the pollen filter cover is securely attached.

Details here:- snipurl.com/hevk

Don't rule out the sunroof as 2 of the drainage pipes run down the A pillars and drain out through the sills at the front, and the other 2 pipes run down into the boot.
water leak in k reg astra - dannii123
thanks will check this and let u all know
water leak in k reg astra - Aussieguy
I have an Australian deliverd Astra AH 2005 that had a similar prob including filling up the aircon/heater fan & flowing all over the floor ( 3 weeks after warrenty expired & 1st problem with the car) . Found the problem was a faulty sealing rubber between the plastic plenium chamber cover & the windscreen causing any water running off the windscreen to run under the plenium chamber cover & directly into the heater / demister inlet vent !!! Great design guys!!!!! , Have placed a plastic bag over the inlet for a temp to keep the car dry & will get a price asap for a new cover ( clips break on the old one when you try to lift it to inspect under it ( i suspect its a throw away part) but i bet it costs a couple of hundred bucks at least ..... Over all 2 bobs worth on this car .. Great on fuel & good to drive but build quality & design ? Bout the same as a late 70`s Skoda !