Your opinion of MG Rovers please! - Guy Lacey
Hi,

I know it's late! HJ has kindly given me permission to abuse the Backroom for my own use. I need to pick your brains.....

I am currently in the 2nd year of a company sponsored MBA. The company I work for has nowt to do with motoring (St.Regis Paper Co. Ltd - D.S.Smith Group plc) but I have chosen an organisation that has recently undertaken a marketing campaign within a field of my personal interest in order to write a critical assessment of their choice!

I have chosen MG due to my obvious links with the company through my brother David Lacey who works for MG-R.

I would be *very* grateful if you could e-mail me to the above address any comments you have on the strategy used by MG to market their product(s) and your opinion on the success of this.

The main focus is on the *image* that MG has portrayed through their ads and whether that matches your opinion and whether it has altered your opinon of MG and not on the actual product itself although I would be grateful for any feedback.

Please send any replies to my e-mail to avoid clogging up the Backroom.

Many thanks in anticipation, your help is much appreciated.

Guy Lacey

guy.lacey@freedonkeyrides.fsnet.co.uk
guy.lacey@stregis.co.uk
Re: Your opinion of MG Rovers please! - Moosh
Having had some experience of Rover 'dogs' in times past e.g. MG metro, MG montego and MGF my opinion of them to date has not been altered.

Funny I used to think of Skoda in the same light until their current TV ad.

Maybe Rover should take note but then again I don't think they ever accepted they had a perceived inferior product like Skoda had.

Perhaps this is unfair on their current product.
Re: Your opinion of MG Rovers please! - Honest John
AS GUY WROTE, PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT MG ROVERS TO HIM. THAT KEEPS IT PRIVATE AND NON LIBELLOUS.

HJ