Mondeo Estate Rear Wheel Tracking - TMax
When checking the rear tyres on my 'Y' reg Mondeo estate, I noticed that about 30mm of the inside of both tyres had worn down to the wires.
I renewed the tyres and the tyre dealer advised to get the tracking carried out a Ford dealer.
This I promptly did and they said that there was nothing wrong and there was no necessity for any adjustment.
Not feeling happy about this, I checked the tyres when I arrived home - some 12 miles and the inside surface was quite warm whilst the rest of the tyre was cold.
I booked into the dealership again and after 4 hours of tinkering, again they said that there was nothing wrong and all the suspension components checked out OK.
Now some 3,000 miles later, the inner surfaces of the rear tyres are bald!
What is going on? Surely something must be blatently obvious to cause this misalignment.
Would the next course of action be to return to the dealership, get them to have another go and put two new tyres on free of charge, or is that too much to ask?
Mondeo Estate Rear Wheel Tracking - Jono_99
Can't help, I'm afraid, but have exactly the same situation with my '51 plate Mondeo Estate. Not quite as pronounced, as I went through the rear tyres in about 18 months, but they wore very unevenly, with the inside of the rear tyres going down considerably faster.

Must confess to having done nothing about it (apart from having put on two new Contis on the rear two weeks ago), but will follow up.

Thanks for reminder!
Mondeo Estate Rear Wheel Tracking - Rishab C
Thrust can make the alignment change while in use.
The alignment is usually checked with the vehicle stationary, with the assumption that suspension parts, pivots, bushes etc.. are in good condition. If these are not to spec, driving forces will make them misaligned causing undue wear.
Mondeo Estate Rear Wheel Tracking - Civic8
I would suggest a geometry check.Using a reputable company.This will show up any defects in any or part of chassis/suspension or should if person doing check knows his onions?.
--
Steve
Mondeo Estate Rear Wheel Tracking - googolplex
>>Would the next course of action be to return to the dealership, get them to have another go and put two new tyres on free of charge, or is that too much to ask?

There is obviously something wrong, and I think the action you have taken and the subsequent results need to be reported to the dealer so that they can carry out further checks. Whether they are liable for another pair of tyres is questionable. Have you tried the Mondeo owner's club website for ideas? HJ has a link to this somewhere, there is a very active forum and, if others have had this problem, they will be sure to have it covered.

Best of luck, and let us know how this develops - I have the estate, and luckily not this problem at the moment...

Splodgeface
Mondeo Estate Rear Wheel Tracking - oldpostie
This is similar to my problem, in a recent thread, (tyres for Mondeo ). The local Ford garage yesterday found that a tie, relating to rear nearside wheel, was bent, and this put the wheel 1 degree out. The o/s rear tracking was also a little out. This will explain my excessive wear. I still have no idea what caused the damage.