Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
Hi
Please can you help me? I have been offered a choice of 2 cars as part of a lease for a company car. It is based on an employee contribution scheme. Both cars will cost about £90 a month and all other bills are taken care of. Which would be the best car to go for? I have a knee injury and need a car with height ajustable driver seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Anne
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - bimmer-driver
No contest as far as I'm concerned as I'd have the Mondeo in a flash. Its a much bigger car so more space inside, and with a much better engine in my opinion. I reckon the 307 would struggle with the autobox.
Hope this helps.
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - machika
I rembember a topic like this once before. All I can say in this instance is that they are not two cars that would normally be compared with one another. Why the Mondeo is as cheap as the 307 I don't know? You would be silly not going for the Mondeo really, as it is a bigger car and would give better mpg.
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Adam {P}
As Machika says, the 307 is comparable to the Focus not the Mondeo.

Mondeo every time. You say TDi. Do you mean TDCi? If so, then there really is no contest, if not, still get the Mondeo ;-)
--
Adam
Incidently, I have a mate who had a 307 but it wasn't a 1.6. (Can't remember the exact size). He got rid for a 1.6 Focus.

Go figure.
--
Adam
Incidently, I have a mate who had a 307 but it
wasn't a 1.6. (Can't remember the exact size). He got rid
for a 1.6 Focus.
Go figure.
--
Adam

>>

And.....?
and....he still has the Focus. My point was that he didn't like the 307.
--
Adam
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - cheddar
I have a Mondeo and have driven a 307 for a few days (a 2.0 petrol), with regard to the choice the Mondeo is larger, faster, more economical, more fun to drive, likely to be better built, likely to be more reliable and has electric height adjustment of the drivers seat which ever model in the range you are refering to.
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - DavidHM
Is there any point in me weighing in on this too? Probably not, but the choice wouldn't be much clearer if it were BMW 530d v Perodua Nippa. Mondeo.
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Altea Ego
Mondeo
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - MichaelR
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - NowWheels

Uhoh. Somebody has hacked Michael's backroom login ;-)
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Ben79

I'd probably choose that too, the 307 has a softer ride, french charm and if i remember correctly, somewhere to put your left foot.

The Mondeo lacks a footrest and the heated front windscreen wires annoy some people. It gave me a headache in 10 mins.

I wanted something that had the lot; gallic charm, footrest, size, economy and comfort.
The Mondeo lacks a footrest >>

My Mondeo has a left footrest, let's talk factually now.
I'd probably choose that too, the 307 has a softer ride,
french charm and if i remember correctly, somewhere to put your
left foot.
The Mondeo lacks a footrest and the heated front windscreen wires
annoy some people. It gave me a headache in 10 mins.
I wanted something that had the lot; gallic charm, footrest, size,
economy and comfort.

>>

You are not likely to get much support for gallic charm in this forum; quite the opposite.
and....he still has the Focus. My point was that he didn't
like the 307.
--
Adam

>>

Fair enough; he is only one person though.
As is everyone on here.
--
Adam
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Avant
It's not the most obvious pair to compare, I agree, but maybe you have the choice of two 'inherited' cars from people who have left the firm?

I'd agree that the Mondeo has more pluses than the 307, although I noticed the lack of a rest for the left foot referred to above.

Does anyone know why Ford persist in refusing to add this very cheap piece of equipment? Also, last time I drove a Ford, the wipers STILL didn't come on with the washers. I would hope that they've sorted that now.

Little things, but surprisingly infuriating if you have to live with them - fortunately I don't.
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - MichaelR
I was actually being a bit saracastic ;)

Mondeo, hands down.
I'd agree that the Mondeo has more pluses than the 307,
although I noticed the lack of a rest for the left
foot referred to above.
Does anyone know why Ford persist in refusing to add this
very cheap piece of equipment? Also, last time I drove
a Ford, the wipers STILL didn't come on with the washers.
I would hope that they've sorted that now.

As per above my Mondeo has a left footrest, and yes the wipers do come on with the washers!!!
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - trancer
Even if Cheddar's Mondeo is the only one in the world with a left foot rest, the cars in question are auto boxes which means no clutch pedal in the way and lots of room for a left foot.

All this talk of left foot rests and we don't know if Anne even has a left foot that needs to be rested.
I should say that I do not use the foot rest, not concsiously anyway, I don't like the fact that you have to lift you foot up and across to reach the clutch, I prefer to bring my foot back in front of the clutch when not using it for a while i.e. in cruise on the motorway. Nevertheless theer is a rest there if it is needed.
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - madf
The words "clutch" and "auto" are mutually exclusive in a car...even one designed by the French...

madf

Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Ex-Moderator
I put my foot to the floor in case the Scenic auto box would kick down. I should know better than to clutch at straws.
I put my foot to the floor in case the Scenic
auto box would kick down. I should know better than to
clutch at straws.

What is the connection with this topic?
The words "clutch" and "auto" are mutually exclusive in a car...even
one designed by the French...
madf

The point being?
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Simon (Anne\'s Other Half)
>Even if Cheddar's Mondeo is the only one in the world with a
>left foot rest, the cars in question are auto boxes which means
>no clutch pedal in the way and lots of room for a left foot.

>All this talk of left foot rests and we don't know if Anne even
>has a left foot that needs to be rested.

Anne does have a left foot, and needs to have it resting as much of the time as possible. She used to drive manuals but traffic jams were painful and made an autobox the only sensible option.
A left footrest is going to be the carpet on the floor.

The height adjustable seat is to help getting in and out. Her knee doesn't tend to bend well now.

The suggestion the car is someone elses cast off seems about right. Is there much difference between the 4 or 5 speed Mondeo autobox? (except for the obvious!)
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - Happy Blue!
I had painful knees driving manual cars around town. Apart from the obvious solution to drive an auto (which I do now), I went to a physio who diagnosed flat feet, leading to a kneecap wearing away at the cartilage. I now wear insoles to support my feet and have no pain and can drive manuals now with little difficulty, as a month in a 6-speed Galaxy showed last year. Still prefer autos though.

Maybe Anne should go see a doctor/physio.

BTW - Mondeo

--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Mondeo TDI Auto V 307 1.6 Petrol Auto - NowWheels
There were several threads hear about automatics, in which the boys-in-the-know said that the Ford 4-speed autoboxes were only good for 60-90K miles.

e.g. see www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=26...0