Alfa 147 Sat Nav Fault - matty_says
I have an Alfa 147

I have a fault on the satellite Navigation, the fault is:

When coming up to a turning the display will read ( for example) 200 yards then voice will then come on and say "turn in 3/4 of a mile" or display will say 100 yards and the voice will say "turn in 3/4 mile" or even "turn in 1/2 mile". the error is never consistent. I believe the display to be correct and the voice isn't.

I have taken it back to the Alfa dealer a number of times ( the last time they had it for 4 days) to look into this fault.

they say they cant just replace the Sat Nav they have to fax Alfa and they come back with a supposed solution, which seems to be a new disc update for the system.

I have finally been told by the dealer that:

Alfa recognised a fault with the system due to the system cant differentiate between miles and kilometres (as its programmed in kilometres and then converted) and there is nothing more they can do.

the dealer has given me a Alfa customer service number, which I have phoned (on 18/03/05) and logged my fault. I have told them the fault and what they have supposedly have told the dealer. I also said:

Why does it work on some but not on others?

If that were the case, surely you would get more complaints

If it was still the case, you are selling an item that does not work correctly

they have given me a case number.

is there anymore that I can do? and has anybody else got this fault
Alfa 147 Sat Nav Fault - Altea Ego
The Sat Nav per say does not have a fault, there is however a glitch in the programe. The entire Sat Nav does not need to be replaced its just needs to be reprogrammed with a new update version. (this may be in the form of a CD or DVD or a plug in with a lap top)

1/ Alfa do not make the Sat Nav, its made by one of the big AV firms (VDO, Blaupunkt, Pioneer, Kenwood etc). Find out what make it is and go to the manufacturers support site.

2/ If you find an update, Tell Alfa and tell them to get the latest level.

3/ you may find (depending on make) you can buy the latest level, see if you can get Alfa to foot the bill.
Thanks for the reply but they have already tried a number of update discs but to no avail
Does anybody know who makes the Sat nav unit. the only company i can see is navteq who do the map software and not the system hardware?
Alfa 147 Sat Nav Fault - Adam {P}
Connect Nav? Does that mean anything to anyone?
--
Adam