We're all criminals now - frostbite
Did anyone else watch this on Ch4 last night?

It exposed the tactics of some coucil traffic wardens with their easy targets like mums dropping kids off at school (£50 a time) and the parade of shops where anyone shopping or delivering goods gets clobbered too - shop takings down by a third in all of them, so goodbye shops/jobs/council tax any day.

Another scam, which I hadn't heard of before, was the bus lanes where you can drive your car during certain hours/days but the times change along the same lane, with a tiny sign parallel to the road to say so! Naturally, there is a CCTV camera at that point so, unless you know the area and you're pretty nifty, another nip up your shirt.

Finally, we have all wondered where those "increasing numbers" of policemen went. Well, some of them were seen attached for protection to 'environmental wardens' as they issued £50 tickets to people for dropping cigarette butts amongst all the far larger detritus presumably dropped outside the office hours the wardens are bound to keep.

We're all criminals now - Badger
"Curioser and curioser", said Alice.
We're all criminals now - Cardew
Another scam, which I hadn't heard of before, was the bus
lanes where you can drive your car during certain hours/days but
the times change along the same lane, with a tiny sign
parallel to the road to say so! Naturally, there is a
CCTV camera at that point so, unless you know the area
and you're pretty nifty, another nip up your shirt.

Frostbite,

Another way of looking at it is that they shouldn't be in the Bus Lane in the first place unless they "know the area". If they can read the signs allowing useage !!!!

The problem in London is many are perfectly well aware of the various bus lane regulations and still remain in that lane. You could queue for 3 or 4 extra cycles of the traffic lights because of vehicles racing down the bus lanes and forcing their way into the queue.

C
We're all criminals now - Schnitzel
The British are pathetic, they have no fire at all in their bellies. They resign themselves to hopeless despair at the drop of a hat. It's like watching a nation busy heaping up it's own funeral pyres.
We're all criminals now - john deacon
yea we take too much rubbish from officialdom
We're all criminals now - Badger
Unlike the French.
We're all criminals now - THe Growler
The over-arching objective of all bureaucracies is to invent schemes to perpetuate their own existence as supernumerary parastic seat-warmers in suits who couldn't manage to get a proper job and couldn't did it if they had one. What better source of mindless pettiness than the motorist?
We're all criminals now - Dwight Van Driver
Programme was very superficial in that it did not deal with why so much control needed.

Trust Growler to get it right .... "the mindless motorist"

DVD
We're all criminals now - THe Growler
>>>>What better source of mindless pettiness than the motorist?

DVD I am hoisted on a petard I must have missed and you have pointed it out. Delete "of" and substitute "for" and that was the thrust of what I meant. Put it down to a long hard ride yesterday through some spectactular countryside in perfect weather, followed by a platter of monitor lizard stewed in coconut milk -- yes it does taste just like chicken -- and the Monday morning after effect of an injudicious amount of Pinot Grigio, poured generously by a beautiful and solicitous partner....

At the same time I do concede UK motorists can be astonishingly petty (dons Kevlar and picks up riot shield...)

But surely no more mindless bureaucrat could have conceived the scheme I posted about a few days ago to criminalise the common man: to wit, trucks with bamboo poles festooned with wet rags
designed to soak jay-walking pedestrians. Well it's in operation in Metro Manila and today's papers quote city officials as having made the remarkable discovery that it works only when the trucks are approaching, so that devious (sic) pedestrians simply wait until the passing of the truck before resuming the habits they've claimed a birthright to for decades, i.e. wandering into the road anywhere at any time for whatever reason.

Maybe they should have hung bureacrats off the poles. Not a lot of difference between them and wet rags anyway........