How to get hold of keys for a ford - steven_frost
I need some help and to be honest i dont know were to turn on this i belong to a carnival group and we own two cars one we have keys for and the other we dont and we are selling it how do we go about replacing these keys i know it sounds strange but it is all very true.

we replaced our ageing ford granada for some thing a bit more moodern but the person who was ment to look after the keys can now know longer find them and we need to replace them.

I am sorry if this breaks any of the forums rules but as i dont have any idea on how to replace them i need peoples help
How to get hold of keys for a ford - Ex-Moderator
Do you have the registration documents for the vehicle ?
How to get hold of keys for a ford - BobbyG
Would have though the cheapest way would be to go to a breakers yard and get replacement barrels and keys from them.
How to get hold of keys for a ford - Hugo {P}
Hi

Mark's idea is one way around it. If you know the chassis number you Ford Dealer may be able to determine the key number from that, or if not, Bobby's idea is a good second option - find a model the same as yours in the breaker's yard and haggle for the barrels etc.

H

Apologies for posting a second paragraph about how to gain access to a car. Would you believe it! A Moderator having a thread reported using the new button! Well that just shows that we are not above the law!

If it's any concilation to you all Mark took great pleasure in editing this post. I have the e mail to prove it!

Hugo - BR Moderator (still - just!)

How to get hold of keys for a ford - keo-the-dog
remember to get a petrol cap as well if it is a locking one . replacing locks on a ford should only take about an hour if its really old try scrapper for old keys and try to get one to fit i personally have done this with a mini 3 carrier bags full of keys as usual it was almost the last key i tried . ...cheers ...keo.
How to get hold of keys for a ford - Adam {P}
A word of warning. Don't know about older Fords but Fords of today have universal locking keys. (My own phrase - impressed?) Essentially, ANY Ford key will lock ANY other Ford but not unlock it. For everyday use this is fine but if you try loads of keys, you may get a nasty surprise.

--
Adam
How to get hold of keys for a ford - mfarrow
A word of warning. Don't know about older Fords but Fords
of today have universal locking keys.

I think this applies to any Ford with 'tibbe' locks, i.e. those from late 80's until now. According to www.fordscorpio.co.uk/doorlockbld.htm the lock barrels have a groove about 2 hours long that allows the locking pin to move without the combination being right and hence 'lock' the... erm... lock. So obviously a design feature!
How to get hold of keys for a ford - henry k
According to www.fordscorpio.co.uk/doorlockbld.htm

Ask the question on the above and I feel sure you will get a quick answer. I would imagine they are a helpful lot.