air con care - gasoil
What is the best way to look after your air con? my three year old shogun has developed a bit of a musty smell. I leave it on auto most of the time, is this best? any tips welcome.
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - gasoil
My 3 year old Shogun 3.2 DiD has developed a musty smell from the heating/air con. How do I cure this? and can you prevent it? I leave the climate on auto, is this best?

Thanks in advance.
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - Dynamic Dave

This thread might be of interest?

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=23708
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - gasoil
Thank you for the reply!
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - Stuartli
Re the thread link and my eventual use of Neutradol which proved very efficient.

I've since found Neutradol for only £1.28 at Wilkinsons and the new equivalent from a rival, Oust, is/has been on special offer at 89p at Morrisons.

Lot cheaper than the Comman version which is probably the same thing in any case.

The other half uses what's left around the house so it looks like a trip to Wilkinsons soon...:-(
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - Ex-Moderator
I have merged the thread from Discussion and the one from Technical Matters.
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - mjm
I don't know if you have a pollen filter fitted, but if you have it is worth changing it. I have done so on my Xantia and couldn't believe the amount of muck, debris, old leaves etc. it had gathered. The ventilation system now works much better!
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - Halmer
HJ reported in last Saturday's Telegraph (in reponse to a reader's enquiry) that you should ideally: -

1. Run it at full hot blast for a couple of minutes or so at the end of each journey before leaving the car to get rid of anmy condensation and,

2. Run it at full cold blast once a week to lubricate the seals.

Not sure how practical this is!
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - Ford Dagenham
huh.

Am i seeing things.

Marks (RLBS) Iam off to get a stronger drink. iam seeing things.
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
smelly air con. Mitsubishi Shogun - Stuartli
HJ's FAQ offers some sensible advice about maintaing an aircon system:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=14
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by