Poll 20. Rubbish! - Dynamic Dave
**** Poll now closed. Results here:- **** www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=27600&...e This weeks poll, as suggested by Steve.o:-

Poll 20. What do you do with the rubbish in your car?
Keep a bin/plastic bag in the car to collect it in
Throw it on the floor till end of the week, then have a good clear out
Throw it out of the window and let someone else clear it up
Stop at a waste bin on the way home/destination
Other

This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - PoloGirl
>Throw it out of the window and let someone else
clear it up

Shame on you, and I hope you never meet my old driving instructor. I lost count of the amount of times we'd be stopped somewhere while he taught me something and someone else would be parked up merrily throwing rubbish out of their window. He used to pick it up, tap on the window, say "I think you dropped this" and drop it in their lap.

To a 17 year old that was deeply embarassing, but I kind of see his point and admire him now!

This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Altea Ego
This is far too complex a subject to answer with a simple multiple choice answer.

For example. It is litter type dependent
Fag ends and ash go out the window.
Fag boxes, and macdonalds/burger king debris goes in the front passenger footwell. Unused napkins from said gourmet meal go into front door pocket. When used they get to join the front passenger footwell collection (FPFC)

When Nicolle gets in the car, the FPFC becomes the Rear passenger footwell collection, (the RPFC).

When Junior gets in the car the RPFC becomes the BC (boot collection) where remains of the Macdonalds/Burger king gourmet meal (M/BKGM) becomes RBTD (recyled by the dog)

Every year just before the holiday the remaining BC not RBTD
gets sorted to remove the OTWTW (Oh! thats where that went) and thrown in the bin.

All a bit complex just to answer "other"

This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - SjB {P}
This is far too complex a subject to answer with a simple multiple choice answer.

Yup! Eating chocolate or crips has to be done whilst I blink, and foot mats get taken out and shaken after pretty well every journey. Eating a Big Mac in the car would be punishable by death penalty!

Whatever genes I have though, my dear brother has the opposite! Whilst we share the same excellent taste in good cars ;-) in his you will fine muddy boots, three hundredweight of yachting tackle and a parachute anchor that for some bizarre reason live in the boot, scrumpled up visa receipts, many car park tickets, bank statements and other personal documents, a spiral bound map with torn pages because it's been trodden on by so many rear seat passengers and never tidied up, leaking, sticky, cans of coke rolling around under the front seats, enough, and sufficiently varied, fast food wrappers as to be able to open a museum on the subject, and enough loose CDs to open a music store!

Yesterday, he announced his engagement and wedding date, and though they are so well suited to each other, with a fiancee that places high value on order and tidiness, it will be interesting to see where the middle ground develops on this subject!
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - martint123
Fag ends and ash go out the window.

I'm sure every motorcyclist will thank you. Hope you don't have to stop too often to pick you wing mirror up of the road.
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - borasport20
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Stuartli
Although I don't smoke now in my car (don't want to have it smelling do we?), the number of times I'm followed by a motorcylist in the course of an average month I can count on the fingers of one hand - it rarely reaches more than two or three.

There are plenty of cyclists though but, as they would be out of reach/danger through being on the pavements, they've no worries.....:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Phil I
Some messy people about nowadays. RF You should stop smoking and Junior should not be eating junk food. Its probably your sense of smell which prevents you from noticing the rotting garbage on the floor of France's finest. This is one of the major probldems with giving up the weed, that the benefits take a long time to show. Return of sensitivity to the nose is one of them. Having said that I do not object to people moving around in mobile garbage bins its the pedestrian litterbugs who get up my nose.
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Phil I
Borasport must have had some contribution in mind here but what???
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - borasport20
Borasport must have had some contribution in mind here but what???

completely the opposite, in fact (but I thought somebody might ask !)

totally devoid of constructive thought, but found myself in 'reply' mode - but you can't cancel a blank message, so I put a full stop in,.... then pressed post instead of cancel.

I was waiting for a stream of posts from the mods to find out what i'd done to their new swear filter

So now you know !

This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Civic8
>>but you can't cancel a blank message, so I put a full stop in,....

Once you put full stop in. cancel. works for me..Never had a problem/except when pc had problem with sp2 :)
--
Steve
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - patently
FPFC becomes the RPFC...becomes the BC ... where remains of
the M/BKGM becomes RBTD ...OTWTW

Thank you, RF. :-D
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - blank
Depends on whether it's the nice car or the boring car. If the nice car it gets put on the passenger floor and binned at the soonest oportunity. If the boring car it gets put on the passenger floor until the passenger decides to empty it, usually when they can't get in.
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - blue_haddock
Depends on where i am and what sort of rubbish it is.

Generally it's in the passenger footwell either till i get home or get annoyed with an empty pop bottle rattling around but if i'm on a country lane and it's something like an apple core that goes out the window
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - L'escargot
<< but
if i'm on a country lane and it's something like an
apple core that goes out the window

Being hit by an apple core thrown from a passing car when you are out for a quiet country walk is no joke. Don't forget that at the point at which it leaves the car, the apple core is travelling at the same speed as the car!!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Altea Ego
If you are walking along a road with passing vehicular traffic it is not a quiet country walk!
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - artful dodger {P}
Being hit by an apple core thrown from a passing car
when you are out for a quiet country walk is no
joke. Don't forget that at the point at which it leaves
the car, the apple core is travelling at the same speed
as the car!!
--
L\'escargot by name, but not by nature.

Some years ago I was walking along a main road in Rochester late at night. As a car passed from behind I felt something brush my arm. There was an egg splattered on the pavement. This was a deliberate attempt to make a mess of someone for fun. Thankfully it missed me, but no doubt these idiots did hit some people. What is worse is that they were out in a car.

A few months back I met a young lad in a chip shop who thought it was funny to drive arround throwing eggs in south east London. When I recounted the above tale he realised how stupid it was. All I can hope for is he stopped his friends as well. So it is possible that young drivers think this is part of their growing up ritual.

Returning to the rubbish theme I favour the front footwell, I will never throw anything out of the window. On the rare occasions I have any fast food, it is eaten whilst parked (if no restaurant) and the rubbish is then deposited in bins provided.

Keeping our country tidy only takes a little care and effort.
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Dynamic Dave

The results of this weeks poll are:-

Poll 20. What do you do with the rubbish in your car?

Keep a bin/plastic bag in the car to collect it in = 21
Throw it on the floor till end of the week, then have a good clear out = 49
Throw it out of the window and let someone else clear it up = 7
Stop at a waste bin on the way home/destination = 19
Other = 15

If you want any results from earlier polls, then mail me at mailto:dave_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Schnitzel
Once a car full of chavs in front of me threw loads of rubbish out, it cascaded and bounced into my path, I was so angry, at the traffic lights, I waited for red/amber, then i threw a hot paper cup of coffee through their open window and sped off. So beware! Not everyone wants to live in a ........
This weeks Poll. Rubbish! - Mark (RLBS)
What a ridiculous thing to do.

Did you feel all macho afterwards ?
Poll 20. Rubbish! - Robbie
I don't eat in my car, nor do I allow any passenger to do so. However, I do have those wretched "pay-and-display" tickets, which I put in my pocket and throw away when I arrive home.

Poll 20. Rubbish! - expat
I keep a small plastic litter bag in the cubby between the front seats. Anyone who eats in my car is expected to take the apple cores, etc out with them to put into the garbage. I don't want them left rotting there.
Poll 20. Rubbish! - corblimeyguvnar
Throw it on the floor and wait until the next service, kind people at the garage clear it out for me.
--
Drink Lager, Talk Piffle !