Test drives ? - welshy
Just a quick question regarding test drives at main dealers . Can I be cheeky and ask for an all weekend test drive just to see if both wifey and I are happy with a car . Or do all dealerships maintain a quick test drive ?
Reason for the question is , we have never bought a brand new car before , and spending just over 10k I just need to be sure its the right car for us . Oh yes the car in question is a new C5 hdi .
Test drives ? - patently
Worst case:

"Can I have a weekend test drive please"

"No"

Best case:

"Yes, ok"

Most likely result:

"No - but would a 24 hour test during the week suit you?"

You can only ask, and why not. Explain you want Mrs W to see it and try it, andyou want to fit it on the drive, and in the garage, and so on.
Test drives ? - Vansboy
Check if the manufacterer has an in house 'club'& magazine.Ford have one called Talkback.

As well as intersting content,mamber offers & discounts, extended test drives are avilable, without any problems.

Or suggest hire of the model you fancy, at a reduced rate - & ask to get the cost of it knocked off the purchase price, if you go ahead & buy.

It'll make you look like a serious buyer & chances are, they would waive the hire fee, with a bit of luck, anyway.

VB
Test drives ? - mark999
Our Local Chrysler Dealer let us have a voyager for 24 hours. It was certainly long enough for us to decide we couldn't live with the terrible gear change
Test drives ? - cjehuk
At our dealership we will do a 24 or 48 hour test drive, but usually only on weekdays, as we prefer the customer to be able to get in contact at any time while they are in possession of one of our cars, usually the customer leaves their current vehicle with us too.

Chris
Test drives ? - welshy
Thanks people for the replies ! Lets hope we are lucky then .