Pug 306 Bent Hub? - GC
I had a wheel bearing replaced by a Unipart garage. They said they had difficulties removing the old bearing. Ever since there has been a brake shudder from this side. I tried new disks, but there the rotation was still eccentric. What else can it be? A bent hub or misaligned bearing?
Pug 306 Bent Hub? - Ross_D
It sounds like they haven't installed the new bearing correctly. I recently replaced the bearing on my 306, it wouldn't come out even with a 20 ton press on it. In the end we went to a garage and they told us to remove all the races until just the outer race was left in the hub. Then run a ring of weld around the inside of the race and let it cool. It then just pops out! The theory being that as the weld cools in contracts, pulling the race with it.
Anyway, perhaps they just kept pressing until it did come out or somehow damaged the hub pressing the new one in. Either way I'd take it back to them and kick up a fuss.
You say you have tried new discs and there is still run out on the hub, have you made sure that the hub face and the rear of the discs were spotless when you installed them?