JewelUltra DiamondBrite - Dulwich Estate
I've just ordered the A4 1.9Tdi(130) Avant for September. Thank you for the "Go for it" responses.

I've bought a few new cars over the years and always rejected the offer (at a price!) of a paint/upholstery protection system. I was once persuaded to have Scotchguard (£100) on a new sofa and chairs - complete waste of money.

Anyway this super wonderful stuff for the car is called JewelUltra DiamondBrite and costs £299 plus VAT. I've politely told the salesman to poke it up his exhaust, but wonder if anybody has had this stuff applied. Is it any good? It's an awful lot of money.
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - topaktas
I had it applied (for free!) on my Bentley Turbo. It looked nice when it was done, but I found it difficult to keep it that way. It's Autoglym for me now, interspersed with washes with just plain water.
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - Stuartli
Why not use AutoGlym's Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner (yes the other half and I had a good laugh as well) as well when washing your Bentley? It helps to keep the Resin Polish in good order as well as remove traffic film etc.
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - Stuartli
A couple of aerosols of Scothguard and 20 minutes' work would have achieved the same at a fraction of the price...:-)
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - Quinny100
These things are a complete rip off.

You can buy the products for about £50 if you look around, and they're dead easy to apply, contrary to what the dealer would have you believe.

Spend £20 on a bottle of Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo, a bottle of Super Resin Polish and a bottle of Extra Gloss Protection and apply it when the car arrives. The EGP lasts about 6 months before you need to polish and reapply it.
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - Dulwich Estate
What's with this wash and polish business? A car is to use and not waste time on.

Mine is 2 1/2 years old, washed once and now needs new tyres that's why I'm getting a new one (slightly tongue in cheek). Ashtrays unused so not full and not in need of emptying.

Then of course there's all this MOT hassle. If you can't turn the key and use it to go wherever you want whenever you want why have your own car?
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - PhilW
Both son and daughter have recently bought new cars and I advised them not to spend £300 similarly. I gave the cars the Autoglym treatment however can't find Scotchguard anywhere and was told it had been withdrawn for "health a safety reasons". Is this true? And also - is it worth doing the upholstery with similar stuff (if available) anyway?
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - J Bonington Jagworth
The Scotchguard name still exists, but the original formulation was withdrawn by 3M in 2000 for safety reasons (it contained perfluorooctanyl sulphonates, apparently).

I've no idea if current alternatives work as well - probably not if dry cleaning is any indicator. Does anyone else here miss the smell of carbon tetrachloride?
"JewelUltra DiamondBrite"

Too many superlatives! New paintwork should be allowed to finish curing, anyway - it will still be soft.
JewelUltra DiamondBrite - Vansboy
Should think it will be 'hard' enough for WAXING - different to POLISHING!!

Use www.meguiars.com checklist on what you need. Or Autoglym, if you must.

Took a few goes with the Gold Class wax on Mrs Vansboys Mx5, when it was new & that was supposedly cleaned, for part of the PDI.Still covered in fall out & hard to remove dirt!!

DON'T let them put the showroom system on, so many times the paintwork could be damaged, by poor application.

As for Scotchguard, most proper hardware stores (the ones where they wear brown coats!!) can offer similar products in spray or aerosol, form to do yourself.

VB

"WAXING - different to POLISHING"

A fine distinction for most car care products, I should have thought. I know you can buy plain wax (as for furniture) but most car waxes contain some abrasive/polish to help shift the dirt and burnish the paint, which shouldn't be necessary (or desirable) on a finish that's just been sprayed.