Tyre Advice please - BobbyG
I have a Scenic dci which has Michelin Primacy Pilate, 205/50/R16 speed rating H.
I now need 2 new front tyres and the cheapest I can find these ones for are £97 inc VAT from my local tyre firm who are usually substantially cheaper than the Nationals.
MyTyres wpuld work out at £86 inc fitting but this would involve waiting for tyres to be delivered and then travelling 10 miles to get them fitted at the MyTyres authorised dealer.
I will phone round for quotes, however, they have suggested other tyres to me, namely
BS Goodrich tyres which they say are made by Michelin. These would only come in a V speed rating but I have been assured that this would not be a problem as it is a higher rating. The BF also comes with a 3 year accidental damage replacement guarantee. It is £74.

Anyone any thoughts or better suggestions?
Tyre Advice please - Dipstick
Whilst this an American site, the tyre reviews are of worth I think.

www.tirerack.com/tires/SearchTires.jsp

I used it a lot recently when I was buying tyres, and found it very helpful. You do need to be aware of the exact size and tyre you want to know about of course, and it may be that some types are not sold in the UK. However, there are lots of user reviews on various makes and models of tyre, which I found helpful.
Tyre Advice please - Maz
Speed rating H is to 130.5 mph
Speed rating V is to 149.1 mph.