In-car DVD/Videos - anyone tried them? - anthony
Dear All

Happy New Year and all that old sausage.

Has anyone bought a rear seat DVD player for the children (a good fight preventer, I'll be bound)?

If so, what is recommended. DVD (although I have none), VHS (I have loads).

Also from a previous thread about children in the front of a car, what is the minimum legal age for them to sit in the front? Re new child safety legislation - what are child seat belts how do they differ from standard belts?

Regards
In-car DVD/Videos - anyone tried them? - flatfour
From my personal experience rear seat DVD or VHS players cause more fights than they are worth, my children 11 and 13 fight over which film to watch, the loser screaming through the whole journey, tried playstation too, only to be bombarded by "cheat" thats not fair and I don't like this game any way.
All I can suggest is that you take granny with you on all your trips, and play twenty questions, my mother in law is favourite she likes that sort of boredom and I won't have to put up with her innane ramblings anymore.
In-car DVD/Videos - anyone tried them? - PoloGirl
Haven't tried one but I got stuck behind a Scenic with them fitted the other night on the M40...was quite possibly the most distracting thing I've ever seen - 2 really bright screens bobbing away in front.

I used to be a nightmare on car journeys as anything and everything made me sick. I learnt to go to sleep to avoid it and now I can sleep literally anywhere!

In-car DVD/Videos - anyone tried them? - John of Rotherham
best thing for kids - Harry Potter audiobooks - read by Stephen Fry - entertaining for adults too - and v long.

I've got the lot, approx 60-70 CD's!

"Goblet of Fire" got us to the middle of france and back - with virtual silence from my 7 and 10yr old. Journeys take less time too.

John