Zafira Mudflaps - zafiragod
Has anyone else had problems with there vauxhall Zafira mudflaps chafing on the bodywork, exposing bare metal. I had mine repaired under warranty and 12 months later the problem is back.My local Vauxhall garage are going to repair the problem again(as a good will gesture)but say that they have had no other complaints from any other Zafira owners about this problem. I refuse to believe this is an isolated incident so would urge all Zafira owners to pull there mudflaps away from the bodywork and check behind for chafing. If there is any sign of this take the car back to there local dealer and lets get them to admit it is a design fault before the corrosion sets in.
Zafira Mudflaps - DavidHM
I'm not being hostile here, but if there is a design fault, causing corrosion, is there any point whatsoever in leaving them on? In general, mudflaps only offer a very limited protection against anything and I'd rather the car got slightly dirty than actually rusted, especially given the generally good state of modern rustproofing.

The same thing happened to my mother on a 1989 Mark II Fiesta - although that car rusted everywhere and failed its MoT for rust at six years old.
Zafira Mudflaps - rr
I have had exactly the same, thay are a very poor design and my remedy was to fit some self tappers to secure them properly.

rr
Zafira Mudflaps - zafiragod
I kicked up a right stink about this with my local vauxhall garage, thefirst time they repaired it the mudflaps fell off when I collected the car, now they have fitted self tappers, and given me a free 30K service.