Even the church has been roped in - crazed idiot
I was very sad to hear Christina Rees of the general synod on radio 4 this morning blandly agreeing with speed cameras...

I doubt very much she has done any research into traffic safety matters

I dont remember the bible saying we should accept poor road design, or poor traffic policing, or persecution by a small minority

I find bringing religion into this debate most offensive

Once again the liberal chattering classes are out to get us, they appear to be high up in the church as well!
Re: Even the church has been roped in - crazed idiot
worth a look at these links from another site

www.roadracers.co.uk/speeding.htm

www.speedcam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gatso2.htm
Re: Even the church has been roped in - Dafydd Tomos
read the statistics
Re: Even the church has been roped in - bogush
Would these be the statistics that say speed cameras don't reduce accidents, or the ones that say that pedestrians cause their accidents.

Or the ones that say 9 out of 10 police forces set up speed cameras after a massive upward blip in accident statistics............

................and the latest figures, whilst down on the freak ones, are above average for the area ?!
Re: Even the church has been roped in - Darcy Kitchin
The Bible gives us one of the first instances of identifying poor driving - 2 Kings 9:20 'The lookout reported "He has reached them, but he isn't coming back either. The driving is like that of Jehu son of Nimshi; he drives like a madman."'
Re: Even the church has been roped in - Andy
'And it came to pass that the Pharoah was to address a multitude...' I can't recall the rest!
Re: Even the church has been roped in - Brian
Like the statistics such as :
"If vehicle numbers continue to increase at the present rate there will be 70 million vehicles in the UK in 50 years."

Which will exceed the UK population! :-)
Silly people making silly comments - Kev
thats quite possible, however when i hear someone say, 70, 000,000 cars on the road at the same time, me wonders
Re: Silly people making silly comments - Brian
Kev
Point taken, my error
your version is what I meant
Re: Confusion - Kev
Erm, no Brian, i wasn't infering to you, i was saying that you are right, someone [high up, i think] reckoned that 770 million cars would be on the road at the same time. Both you and i said, that there could be 70 million cars in the u.k.
Sorry for any confusion
Kev