Renault megane DCi 2002 - Renault Megane 1.9 DCI hard starting - KCSRenault

Hello,

My DCi has recently, if you put the key in the ignition and let the glow plug light go out, the car will just crank for 10 or more seconds. However if you let the glow plugs warm up and then take the key out and do it again the car starts instantly.

Any ideas?

Renault megane DCi 2002 - Renault Megane 1.9 DCI hard starting - RichardW

Sounds like glowplugs, but that sort of behaviour is normally associated with indirect injection engines, and I'd have thought a 2002 was direct - but perhaps not. Try a new set of plugs, or just live with heating it twice (or just leave the ignition on for a few seconds after the light goes out - chances are the plugs stay on anyway.

Renault megane DCi 2002 - Renault Megane 1.9 DCI hard starting - KCSRenault

Sounds like glowplugs, but that sort of behaviour is normally associated with indirect injection engines, and I'd have thought a 2002 was direct - but perhaps not. Try a new set of plugs, or just live with heating it twice (or just leave the ignition on for a few seconds after the light goes out - chances are the plugs stay on anyway.

Many thanks changed the glow plugs and it had made a significant difference, the garage reckoned only one or two where still working, Thanks