Hyundai Tucson limited 2007 - recommended tyre pressure - sammyhunter1979
I have a Tucson with 235/60R16 tyres on it. The recommended PSI is 30 all round. However, when I do this, The tyres look under inflated and the handling is terrible. Honest John said that it was due to the high profile tyre size. I dont wish to change tyre size but I was wondering as it says in the side wall 36psi max cold, If I inflated the tyres to 33psi front 30 rear would it be safe to do so or would I be in danger of blow outs when the tyre warms up. Would it make a difference to tyre wear?. I dont do any off road driving.

Edited by sammyhunter1979 on 30/05/2016 at 16:19

Hyundai Tucson limited 2007 - recommended tyre pressure - RobJP

36 is an ABSOLUTE max, if that's what it says.

It's a big, wallowy off-roader. The handling is always going to be terrible. Unless you put silly big wheels and low-profile tyres on it, in which case the handling will be better, the ride quality will be terrible, and the wheels and tyres will be vulnerable to expensive damage.

You say that the tyres 'look' under inflated. To who ? A professional tyre fitter, or joe bloggs, who doesn't actually know ?

Next question. What brand are the tyres ?

Hyundai Tucson limited 2007 - recommended tyre pressure - RT

36 is an ABSOLUTE max, if that's what it says.

It's a big, wallowy off-roader. The handling is always going to be terrible. Unless you put silly big wheels and low-profile tyres on it, in which case the handling will be better, the ride quality will be terrible, and the wheels and tyres will be vulnerable to expensive damage.

You say that the tyres 'look' under inflated. To who ? A professional tyre fitter, or joe bloggs, who doesn't actually know ?

Next question. What brand are the tyres ?

The Tucson is a compact CUV - the handbook should define what specification of tyres are needed INCLUDING the Load Index.

At 36 psi max it sounds to me like the wrong tyres are fitted.