Toyota Auris 2015 (new model) - Clicking and creaking noises from front of cabin. - BMW Enthusiast

I bought this car new 3 months ago and have driven 3500 miles and am very pleased with it but recently there is a clicking and creaking noise coming from the front of the cabin somewhere. I don't think that it's the seats but my suspicions are that it might be the centre armrest or seatbelt buckles. Anyone else having this problem? I would prefer to try and fix it myself rather than the long trip to the dealer. Help much appreciated.

Toyota Auris 2015 (new model) - Clicking and creaking noises from front of cabin. - bazza

Something like this is pretty much trial and error. Try spraying some furniture polish or some silicone spray into nooks and crannies. Some pieces of sponge shoved between plastic surfaces can also work. I don't have this problem with my Octavia, as there are so many rattles I've given up, I only worry about the unpleasant gearbox whine now!

Toyota Auris 2015 (new model) - Clicking and creaking noises from front of cabin. - galileo

When I bought a new Corolla in 2005 it had a rattle behind the dashboard: dealer took it in for a day, removed, refitted and cured problem under warranty without hesitation. Mind you, our Toyota dealer has a good reputation for customer service.

Toyota Auris 2015 (new model) - Clicking and creaking noises from front of cabin. - focussed

There was a problem with a similar clicking noise on Generation 8 Civics. It was caused by the plastic scuttle trim rubbing against the screen on the outside of the bottom of the screen when the body and the screen were flexing.

Grit particles get trapped between the screen and the trim.

www.civinfo.com/forum/how/11854-how-fix-windscreen...l