Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - Tom23

This car has repulsive 'STEPWAY' transfers on the two front doors. My wife hates them and I think they turn the car into an object of ridicule. I have had a finger nail pick at them and it would appear they could, possibly, be removed by this method but I am fearful of damaging the paint work. Has anyone got a tried and tested suggestion on the transfer removal.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - focussed

They sound as if they are normal advertising stickers. Warm them up gradually with a hair dryer on a low setting-don't get the panel too hot that you can't bear your hand on it to avoid damaging the paint. The heat will soften the adhesive and then gently peel the stickers off.

To get any residue of the adhesive off afterwards give the panel a polish with some liquid wax cleaner/polish.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - daveyK_UK

Low, slow heat from a heat gun will do the trick

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - Wackyracer

Buy a 'Caramel wheel' and use it in a die grinder or drill. If you have a local small bodyshop they might do it for you for a few quid. Don't use it on a plactic panel thought as it might melt the panel under the paint.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - stan10

I also back the hair dryer solution, don't rush, go gently, and then use a lemon juice solution to remove any residual "sticky"

Good luck.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - Tom23

Thanks to various people for advice to apply heat to the transfers. Having got the hair dryer ready I found that the heat from the sun softened the adhesive sufficiently to peel the transfers off!

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - skidpan

Appears they are as well applied as Dacia paint.

Dacia Sandero Stepway - Transfers on doors - daveyK_UK

No issues on the Sandero stepway with paint work, or any of the vehicles made in Romania.

The Indian Dusters are either sold or have been pre-registered, they are easy to tell apart from the Romanian built Dusters as they are the pre-face lift models.

Im looking forward to having a look around the new commerical Duster, will ask at the dealers when I can expect to see one in the flesh.