mazda 3 sports nav 64 plate - abs module unit - candy1567

Hi all

Am about to become the owner of a brand new 64 plate mazda 3 2.0 sports nav petrol, black with all the bells and whistles, and was really excited in getting the car as the test drive was very good.

Was promised the car over 5 days ago, but when it was having its final checks it threw up a fault code.

Dont know if i have a wonky dealership, but it took them 2 days to diagnose the fault, as they hadn't see this code before on a new car, but was finally told yesterday it needs an abs module unit. They say they have raised a job card, ordered the part and will fix it asap. They say they will give me a courtesy car until car is ready.

Now i have said erm.... no i dont think so, i want another car, am not having a car which has this fault before i even receive it.

They have said as the car is registered to me, has tax on it and all the plates etc, its easier to fix this car and will be quicker for me to have rather than sourcing me a new car and de-registering it etc

So need you advice and opinion as what i should do, i thought the abs module problem was on the older mazda3 cars and was due to a manufactorer fault, i didn't expect it on a new car especially one thats never been driven before.

thanks in advance for any help

Not sure this is in the right section please move is necessary

Juliex

mazda 3 sports nav 64 plate - abs module unit - TedCrilly

Cant see you have any right to a new car under these circumstances, this one is now legally yours by the sound of it and you cant reject a new car without giving the dealer chance to rectify the fault. However its a testement to them that they discovered the fault before letting it go as far as I am concerned. Credit too because they are being honest with you although they have probably only told you about it because they absolutely had to and there was no option.

Let them fix it and just forget about it, you will still have the full waranty but I would be asking for something for the inconvenience, 1st years service for free seems reasonable.

Hi TedCrilly

thanks for the reply, i thought as much, with all due respect to the manager at Mazda he has been honest and straight with us, hiring a car for the week to give them a chance to obtain the part and fit etc, we have the hire car till wed next week so hopefully our car will be fixed (they hired the car as no courtsey cars were available!!!) and we were going away for the weekend.

So while the manager has been very fair, i just wondered regarding the fault as i thought this was more to do with a design fault on older mazda's and they had fixed this, or are they still using the same design fault abs module unit

Oh the joys of motoring lol, only a few more days to wait

Juliex

Edited by candy1567 on 22/02/2015 at 09:32

mazda 3 sports nav 64 plate - abs module unit - daveyK_UK

A pro active dealer, you should be happy!

Your car sounds excellent, if I was after a mid hatch and wanted to spend a decent wedge, the Mazda 3 petrol would be high on my list.

mazda 3 sports nav 64 plate - abs module unit - Falkirk Bairn

Mechanical problem - they have told you and it is being fixed - no problem IMHO.

How many people will buy a car that needed painting after delivery scrapes and dents and they were not told!

thanks to all the replies

I was like a kid in a candy shop looking round for a new car, never had a new one before, so i wanted it as soon as lol

I know i sound really peeved at the dealership, but its more to do with the fact of actually picking the car up, and if the fault was likely to re-occur thus asking about the design of the abs unit and whether it was usually on 2010 and older maz 3's.

Oh well a couple of days and all should be ok

thanks once again

JUliex

mazda 3 sports nav 64 plate - abs module unit - Wackyracer

Sounds like you have a decent dealer if they are going to fix it before handing the car over and have hired you a car to use in the mean time.

I just hope they have good technicians who have correctly diagnosed the problem and have the required skills and knowledge to fix it first time.