56 reg Peugeot 207 - 56 reg Peugeot 207 - Heater blows only cold air - uyeveuye

Hi all.

We have 56 reg 207. It blows only cold air.

When the engine is hot, no luck either.

Radiator has enough coolant. Dipstick is OK. So no HGF.

I have took the manual controls out. There was no loose connection.

I have checked heating matrix temp. It was hot.

I am not sure if matrix has to be changed or if it is airlock. Even if it is airlock, I don't know how to bleed the heating system. I could not find the valve or screw for the bleeding.

Could anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

56 reg Peugeot 207 - 56 reg Peugeot 207 - Heater blows only cold air - Gibbo_Wirral

There's usually at least two bleed points. A Haynes manual is good for finding their locations.

I checked the Pug forums and the last time this happened to a 207 owner, it was a problem with the water pump.

Thank you.

Just for this problem I bought Haynes Manual. I could not find even the info about bleeding points.

56 reg Peugeot 207 - 56 reg Peugeot 207 - Heater blows only cold air - Andrew-T

Just for this problem I bought Haynes Manual. I could not find even the info about bleeding points.

Since about the millennium car makers have made it increasingly difficult for owners to DiY, providing less and less info in the car's handbook, and fitting black plastic lids over everything. Perhaps as a consequence Haynes have offered less info in fear of people invalidating warranties?

I presume your 207 is a petrol? If the coolant has not been changed recently I can't see any reason for an airlock, and Peugeot coolant is not normally changed unless it discolours.

Edited by Andrew-T on 13/11/2014 at 17:30

56 reg Peugeot 207 - 56 reg Peugeot 207 - Heater blows only cold air - Gibbo_Wirral

I've had a look at the diagrams on servicebox at a 1.4 3 door 207 and seem at least one bleed point on a coolant pipe going to the car heater.

Have a read of this to see if any applies, more to the reples than the actual problem:

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/207-36/2006-207-s-1-4.../

www.peugeotforums.com/forums/207-36/2006-207-s-1-4...0

I have updated that forum with a picture. I have started to worry it might be HGF because of the white dots in the water tank.

I still dont know where the bleeding points are.

If I new, I was going to open the all bleeding points and tank cap, so it might relase the air if it was the airlock issue.

Am I on the right direction though?

Obviously while engine is running :)

When the antifreezer comes out of the bleeding points, I was going to close al one by one.