Ford focus hatchback 2001 - Rear tailgate wiring loom - FISH0504
Hi I have recently found that the rear. Centre brake light,the heated rear windscreen and the boot release catch which is pressed from the dashboard have all stopped working.
Upon inspection after opening the tailgate I discovered the wiring loom had some broken wires,my question is it an easy job to cut back the exposed wires and join up again also will I have to disconnect the battery before tackling the job.
Thanks for any advise
Adrian Fisher.
Ford focus hatchback 2001 - Rear tailgate wiring loom - elekie&a/c doctor

Fairly easy job on these.Best to extend the wires and lose the excess in the roof or tailgate.You may find the w/wash water pipe may need extending also.No need to disconnect battery,just make sure ignition is switched off.To make the job easier,unclip the plastic retainer collars that hold the rubber tube in place.This will facilitate the refitting of the trunking.

Ford focus hatchback 2001 - Rear tailgate wiring loom - FISH0504
Hi,
Many thanks for your advice once removed the rubber trunking there were three wires split bit too tight to pull wires together so used three way connector replaced everything tried boot release switch in car works perfectly also rear centre brakelight and I assume the third wire was the rear window heated screen,can't check this till winter comes fingers crossed it melts the ice,once again thanks for the advice.
I believe this is a common problem on focus estates of a certain age so hope this post helps others out cheers.