All Makes - Dual-clutch automatic gearbox - Sir Lancelot

The older style auto gearboxes "slush-box" seem to be going out of fashion. Is it possible to ceep, with no throttle input, with the newer dual-clutch automatic gearboxes? Are they now more reliable or are they still having many failures with reliability? I need a new vehicle, auto, but must be able to creep within an inch of positioning in my very narrow drive.

Edited by Sir Lancelot on 13/02/2014 at 18:17

All Makes - Dual-clutch automatic gearbox - gordonbennet

Toyotas CVT as fitted to Avensis (presumably new Auris/Yaris the same design) is infinitely controllable, as are Toyota Hybrids, Toyota appear to have moved completely away from their horrid automated manual, maybe its the other way round and the fashion fad for rubbish gearboxes is waning, especially with buyers who dare keep their cars longer than the makers warranty.

Traditional TC autos are still popular with many drivers, certainly MB and BMW still fit them to their normal cars, as do Korean makers, i think it will be a long time before they disappear, if ever.

In my previous job close precise manoeuvering was a necessity, not one automated manual or dual clutch box i drove was of any use for this.

All Makes - Dual-clutch automatic gearbox - coopshere
Current Toyota CVT does creep as does the DSG fitted to the Passat.
All Makes - Dual-clutch automatic gearbox - madf

Jazz CVT creeps.