Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - Hampelmann

The other day after a heavy downpour during the night, I found both front windows open and the car thoroughly wet inside. I contacted Skoda and was told to wait and observe if it happpened again.

It did about three times in the morning, but the third time, there were some clicking sounds (about ten times) from the locking system before the windows opened.

I disconnected the battery and took the car to Skoda the next morning - the windows kept shut for this. Skoda did a test, found no fault, but changed the door switch on the o/s, just in case. The switch was only £27.00, so I don't think it was a module?

On the way home the central locking started to click about ten times again in succession,whilst driving, but the windows did not open.

Do you think I may meet further problems next time it rains heavily. Skoda washed the car just before I collected it !?

I would have thought that by now Skoda should have enough experience to know what is wrong, even if their computer tests show no fault. Am I wrong?

Many thanks for your concern and best wishes

Erich

Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - sparky93

sounds like the comfort control module has got damp.

Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - Hampelmann

Thanks. Do you know where this is fitted and can replacing it be DIY?

Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - dieselnut

I think you will find it in the drivers foot well, a small black box towards the middle of the car above the pedals. I have also heard stories of the windscreen washer pipes sharing the same loom as the wiring in the engine bay. The plastic pipe splits & leaks fluid into the loom causing shorts & rotted wiring, another piece of genius design by VW.

Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - Oliver Minns

Hi,

Did you resolve this problem? My Fabia is doing exactly the same thing. I bought a second hand comfort control module and fitted that but a few months later it is doing it again.

Hope to hear from you with some encouraging news.

Thanks

Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - brum

Hi,

Did you resolve this problem? My Fabia is doing exactly the same thing. I bought a second hand comfort control module and fitted that but a few months later it is doing it again.

Hope to hear from you with some encouraging news.

Thanks

Check the wiring in the concertina rubber gaitor/boot between the door and the A pillar. Check all doors starting with the drivers door. Pull the boot back and look for brittle, broken wires and damaged insulation leading to intermittent shorts and open circuits. Common fault with substandard VAG wiring which ages and doesnt tolerate flexing and often the insulation dries out and literally crumbles off leaving the wires exposed.

Skoda Fabia 1,2 1964 - Windows opening themselves and clicking central lo - Ian D
Oliver, you may have changed the module but if the source of the leak is not found and fixed you will have repeated problems, maybe get your head and a torch by the module and get somebody to hose the car down to see if you can find the leak