Focus 1.6 TDCI running problems
I bought a 1.6 TDCI Ford Focus (Zetec) 110 Climate about 3 months ago it is a 2006 Plate and has 67k on the clock. I have notice that on starting when engine is idle it stutters a little (a bit like when you had an old car and u didnt have enough choke). Also I get this kangarooing a little bit then when just cruising along at around 1500-1700 revs (I try stay around this to get met the best mpg out of the car). The It does not do it all the time but enough that it is starting to worry me. The car had a service about 2 months ago.

Asked on 3 July 2011 by Tempest501

May not be burning off the smuts gathered in its DPF properly. Try a better diesel such as BP Ultimate diesel. And don't be afraid of 2,000rpm.