What is life like with your car? Let us know and win one of three ipads | No thanks

Diesel or petrol Zafira?
I am thinking of replacing my Zafira (I have 1.8 design petrol).

Most secondhand 2009/2010 Zafiras available either seem to be 1.6 petrol or 1.9 diesel. I do about 10,000 miles per year.

However majority of my journeys are only 2-5 miles long. I have heard that there a problems with diesels which only do lots of short journeys - requiring a thrash 20 miles to burn off residue. Am I best to avoid diesels?

Asked on 19 February 2011 by Stuart Bedford

Don't touch the 1.9 diesel. May appear to run well, but can contain a nightmare of problems.