10 Things Vitara

How To Drive Native Copy1

California Native

GGG SE Copy (2)

Dash Cam Comp1

GGG SE Copy (1)

Deals Of The Week

Native Subscribe5

Mot Files

Cfs Native

Native Subscribe5

Real Mpg Native

Wheeler dealing
I wish to buy a set of winter tyres and steel (ie non-alloy) wheels for my VW Tiguan Escape. My VW dealer tells me I cannot buy steel wheels in the UK and therefore would have to buy a set of alloys, total cost, with tyres fitted a prohibitive 4 x £370. I do not want to take off the normal tyres (235/55/R17 - 99H) from their alloys to substitute with winter tyres. Do you know where I might obtain some steel wheels, please?

Asked on 27 March 2010 by M.B., via e-mail

Get the wheels from Germany using the Internet. Remember you will also need a different set of tapered-shoulder wheel bolts. You cannot use the same bolts as used with the alloys. Maybe a specialist such as GSF or Euro car parts can get the wheels for you in the UK.