GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - paulpaul

Hello

In my town there is two lanes travelling one way with a gatso speed camera and both these lanes have the white line speed markings. on the other direction travelling towards teh camera is two lanes with NO white line speed markings.

I was behind a car travelling a bit faster than me and we were travelling towards the camera (opposite side) and teh camera flashed (two flashes only) but not sure if there was nay car on the opposite side

Can you tell me if I will get speeding ticket despite no white speed markings? - thanks

30mph limit

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - Bobbin Threadbare

Surely the car in front of you was flashed? If indeed, the Gatso was pointing that way. They do have a 'way round'. There is a Gatso near my house, and white markings on either side of the road. It only points at the cars coming from one direction, however.

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - John Boy

The camera takes 2 photos of the bars across the road and the relationship of the car to the bars, in the two photos, is used to prove the speed. The camera is triggered by a laser beam pointing out of the side which reads the speed of vehicles passing. It reads speed only - it doesn't know which direction the car is going in. Therefore the camera can often be triggered by a vehicle on the opposite carriageway.

That's how I understand it.

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - Bobbin Threadbare

Gatsos use radar. They take two visible light photos to get a 'time-of-flight' measurement and they also take an infrared pic in case you've got something over your number plate. They only face one way.

Truvelo cameras can take pics both ways and it uses piezoelectric strips embedded in the road for its ToF measurement.

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - John Boy

Of course, if the beam was a laser, we'd all be blinded!

Thanks for the correction, BT.

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - madf

Of course, if the beam was a laser, we'd all be blinded!

Thanks for the correction, BT.

My very cheap wood saw has a laser guide light powere by a AA battery which could only blind you if you stuck it in your eye and lfet it there for a minute or ten...

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - jc2

There are at least six approved speed cameras-IIRC Gatso is the only one that uses lines on the road.Your saw doesn't have a real laser-just a focused red light.

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - barney100
Come back Capt Gatso, all is forgiven. Police have ambush cameras in several places n Basingstoke, must be raking it in and alienating many people too. Money raising behind the facade of road safety.
GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - craig-pd130

I believe that you can only get a fine / NIP from a GATSO if there are markings on your side of the road. In other words, you need to be driving over the markings when you're flashed.

However, that's just my belief, don't rely on it in court :)

GATSO SPEEDING CAMERA QUERY NO ROAD MARKINGS - monian

www.pepipoo.com/

Every answer you'll want here