Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra water leak - Rogerthedodger

I have read a lot of answers in the back room to get a clue to the water leak on my 2004 Vectra. I have a damp (often very damp!) boot on nearside which could be from all sorts of places (as in the answers in back room) but I've still not found it - I will keep trying. I have removed one of the bungs below the spare wheel to allow water to drain out.

BUT I also have a leak which at times in late Dec/early Jan resulted in water up to 2 inches deep in the front passenger footwell. A garage I spoke to (not a Vauxhall one) said it could be water coming in at the back of the car and making its way to the front footwell (presumably along inside the "sill" below the doors?? Iincidentally this "pond" at front would happen even when the car was parked on our (level) drive. Is it really possible this can happen or is it most likely that I have a separate leak at the front too?

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra water leak - Rogerthedodger

I have read a lot of answers in the back room to get a clue to the water leak on my 2004 Vectra. I have a damp (often very damp!) boot on nearside which could be from all sorts of places (as in the answers in back room) but I've still not found it - I will keep trying. I have removed one of the bungs below the spare wheel to allow water to drain out.

BUT I also have a leak which at times in late Dec/early Jan resulted in water up to 2 inches deep in the front passenger footwell. A garage I spoke to (not a Vauxhall one) said it could be water coming in at the back of the car and making its way to the front footwell (presumably along inside the "sill" below the doors?? Iincidentally this "pond" at front would happen even when the car was parked on our (level) drive. Is it really possible this can happen or is it most likely that I have a separate leak at the front too?

Hi, no answers yet. Anyone any ideas? Although the problem MAY have gone away, something somewhere unblocking itself??

I really doubt if a water leak in the boot can cause a flood in front passenger footwell, but has anyone else had this (in any car?)

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra water leak - roosterbooster

hi rog the front passenger water leak is most likely the bulkhead drain blocked open bonnet and lift flap on passengre side skuttle clean out rubber drain

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra water leak - hussarman

Quite definately the rubber drain bung under the scuttle plate has filled up with crap. Lift the pollen filter access plate and look under the pollen filter to the left, take bung out and clean the crap out. A side effect of this is ingress of water is to the heater fan resistor, which in turn shorts out number 1,2,& 3 heater switch positions but number 4 is not normally affected.

Just Google "Vectra Wet Footwells" and find you are not alone.

Edited by hussarman on 25/05/2013 at 18:38

Vauxhall Vectra C - Vectra water leak - simon26rr

Vauxhall vectra footwell leak puddle on floor: youtu.be/tZZcO-rxZ6s